Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i curently have bosh 4 plugs in my car, they where allright for a while but after 30,000 miles they give me problems starting and when i take them out and look at them they are always black so i clean them off and put them back in. should i put new ones in? and what should i put in? has anyone tried the pulsar plug for a focus or do the burn to hot? ive looked in to ar104 but no one has them here in southwest fl.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
negative negative negative

bosch platinum+4 plugs are garbage, take them out

go with the autolite 104 or the AP104 and you will be infinitely happy

·
Registered
798 Posts
I usually stuck with the OEM stuff. Every car that I had with no mods/light mods I stuck with the recommended Motorcraft number plugs. I haven't had a problem yet.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Motorcraft Stockies... over 300whp here and i have no problem with them. first set lasted me 98k miles.

·
Registered
359 Posts
wow that's scary..^^^^ boosted and dont change them often.. im boosted run coppers and change them every 10k-15k.

anyways... make sure you GAP new ones correctly.

GET the Autolite or stay with MOTORCRAFT

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
negative negative negative

bosch platinum+4 plugs are garbage, take them out

go with the autolite 104 or the AP104 and you will be infinitely happy
^^x2

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
iridium is great. i have denso iridium gapped to .035" and my car runs awesome. starts easier than with stock plugs, and is very smooth. supposedly you gain a couple hp with them too, but i dunno about that..

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Yeah, ditch the bosch ones. I love my autolite 104s. Tell us what you think of them after you put them in. Make sure to gap them too.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone on here has tried these but i have good luck with the E3 Spark plugs.
Buy the Autolite/Motorcrafts and spend the rest of the money you just saved on a 6-pack.[drinking] [goofydrunk] [drinking]

·
Registered
798 Posts
I should have pointed out that I have Autolite 103's right now because I am Boosted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info, im off tomorrow, i will go get the autolite 104s and see how they work. so i take it no one has tried the pulstar plugs yet?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Buy the Autolite/Motorcrafts and spend the rest of the money you just saved on a 6-pack.[drinking] [goofydrunk] [drinking]
lets just say i get a good deal on e3 so i will have money left over for a 12 pack of coors long neck bottles lol[popcorn]

and pop corn

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i got the xp 103s they probably arent any better than the autolites but i got them anyway. i gapped them at .52 and everything is good so far, it has better low rpm power it doesnt bog down on take off anymore. so i will never bye the bosh plugs again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone on here has tried these but i have good luck with the E3 Spark plugs.

I've tried and like the E3's... The car doesn't seem to work as hard, where it used to have to hit passing gear up a hill it doesn't anymore, oh and milage is I know for a fact up. I've been avg. 380 to 405 miles per fill up, but drive 70 MPH 51 miles on the HWY to work. 6 bucks a plug isn't bad IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts