Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Specific plug that is rated for the Ford Focus? I herd the Focus should only use Laser plugs is this true?

I installed Bosch Plats to see what would happen. I am having very bad fuel economy with my focus. Full tank of gas about 45 liters a tank gave me 380-400 Kilometers.. I know thats horrible, any suggestions.

I have a 2000 Ford Focus Zx3

Thanks all.

ZeDo

·
Registered
743 Posts
stick with stock plugs they are really good....bosch arnt made for zetec.

·
Registered
16 Posts
bosch suck, agree use motorcraft, I just changed them and there good but they dont last no 100,000 mile, but hell who cares. 42,000 miles changed them at 39K. Fun Car had the 2003 focus since Nov 4th, 2005.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i have ngk double plats and i had almost no difference...stick w the stock plugs they're cheaper and they work just as well...i also replaced my coil and wires at the same time...imo, another waste of money

also, the bad fuel milage might be a dirty filter...when was the last time u replaced the fuel filter and/or air filter?

·
Registered
279 Posts
with fuel filter being dirty when you turn right i will seem like your car is stalling then suddenly will regain power.

·
Registered
279 Posts
with fuel filter being dirty when you turn right i will seem like your car is stalling then suddenly will regain power once you let off the gas and back on it again.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
autolite dbl. plat.s are fine, i run one step colder.[thumb]

·
Registered
958 Posts
justin025 said:
with fuel filter being dirty when you turn right i will seem like your car is stalling then suddenly will regain power once you let off the gas and back on it again.
i thought that was just if the fuel pump was going

1 - 11 of 11 Posts