Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , everyone , I have a question , I'd like to try the new Bosh Platinium 4 spark plugs and I'd like to know if they are good and worth it , thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
i dont know if ur talking bout the same plugs i put in my stang or not, i tried the palt +4 and THEY SUCKED! in a car like that you need 2 b able to adjust the gap and increase the timing for best results. definately worth the $8 a pop! about the 1s for our foci, im not sure if they run 2hot couldnt u go a heat rande or 2 lower? PLUGS BAFFLE ME! lol

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Go with the Autolites Double Plat....they work, no problems.[thumb]

·
Registered
877 Posts
What about Denso Iridium plugs? Ive heard alot of good about those.. And seems everyone and there brother uses them in drag racing.

-shawn

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I've got the denso plugs and I can't tell the difference between stock and iridium. Maybe it's too subtle to notice...
All I can say is that they work but kind of pricy($40) for a 0hp or any noticable performance gain.
When these go toast, I'm going to the Autolite Platinums. 4 for $6 at Walmart.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When these go toast
Those Iridiums should never go toast. If they say Platinum goes 100,000 miles then from I've heard Iridium should go about 1,000,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I've got the denso plugs and I can't tell the difference between stock and iridium. Maybe it's too subtle to notice...

the material of the plug doesn't make a performance difference. The design might (doubtful). The different materials like platnum or iridium is strictly for longer life of the plug. The old plugs with plain materials wouldn't last much more than 10,000 miles. The platnum are said to go 100,000 miles. That is all the platnum is for.. long life.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i used the stock plugs for 40k worked fine. only reason i changed them is cause i dunno just did to Autolite double plats

·
Registered
877 Posts
Glad you guys told me that saves me like 30bucks, Im just gonna put some platinums in since I shouldnt go over 100k before I get a new car.

-shawn

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
no special tools other than a spark plug socket. I don't consider that a special tool... every tool box should have one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts