Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question regarding spark plugs.
Has anyone ever had a problem with NGK spark plugs in their Focus?
Changed the spark plugs in my 06 Focus, 1.6, today. Put the recommended NGK ones in. The engine ran ok, but the engine warning light stayed on, and when driving there didnt seem to be quite as much power.
Checked the spark on them, and it didnt seem to be as good.
Changed the spark plugs back to the original 'FoMoCo' ones, and everything was fine.

Anyone come across similar before?

James

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Change the plugs with motorcraft plugs. Cant go wrong with the plugs that were designed by ford for your motor.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
this question pops up more times then people think.. the majority of the people here use OEM stock ford plugs.. many have used iridium's, platinums and split gap and most of them would misfire/run rough and throw codes.. I've personally never really ran aftermarket ones seeing Ford is the one who does my oilchanges/tuneups but ive never had my car misfire/fail to start since the days ive bought each one of my focus's so, personally I'll stick with OEM's as the answer... plus my cars downtime costs me $$$ seeing these vehicles are all company service vehicles

·
Registered
35 Posts
Use copper plugs in a Focus. It can be tempting to use platinum or iridium plugs, but the Focus works best with Copper plugs - better spark. Also check your HT Leads for damage. If too old, they may have gone bad when you moved them. Here is a guide to getting it all changed out:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts