Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need some help to find the best SparkPlug for my engine.

My engine is a zetec 2.0 dohc

I'll be running with a DIS-2 and a Supercharger, and 100% Methanol

My tunner Recommended me a Spark plug with .060'' gap and NON RESISTIVE.

But i could not find it. Could only find NON RESISTIVE up to .045''

My tunner also recommended a spark with smalller center i can find
and thats can only be a NGK IRIDIUM IX that is only 0.6mm when others are 1.5mm +

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Thats what i want, but I couldnt find a NON RESISTIVE model for Focus.

What are the Reach Sizes i can use on the ZETEC ENGINE (dohc)2.0

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Ues the AZFS22C plug , The iridiums are very costly and you dont get any more for it with what your trying to do

You wont pull of a .060 gap with boost anyway you will get a misfire , with 10psi or less you may get away with .045

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I've ran the AZFS22C's for over a year running a MINIMUM of 15psi and up to 23psi on "special" occasions and I would not switch to those overpriced piece of shit Iridiums if they were given to me.

You can get the 22C's for around $8 a set instead of $8 a piece for "Iridiums"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But as i told, i need a little bigger Gap, since i'll run in 100% ETHANOL. I'll also be using a dis-2 what will produce a bigger spark!

And i need a NON RESISTOR. I cant find a non resistor with a gap over 40''

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
with out resistance you get RFI (radio freguence interferance) which messes with the electronics and youll get missing and your ecu may not work right, youll also here your ignition system through your radio. thats why spark plug wires are made of carbon fiber on the inside now instead of copper like they use to be.
22c's

Ethonal is only 105 octane and without all the right stuff on your car like the 96 ff taurus has in will corrode the metal in everything, distroy your rubber seals, and cause your oil to dissolve.

good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello, Our cars here in Brazil are all Ethanol prepared. Our gasoline is made of 70% gas and 30% ethanol, and most cars are flexfuel since we have ethanol in all Gas Stations all over the country! (BTW, Ethanol was created here, as automotive fuel, 30 years ago!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts