Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have over 84,000 miles on my 2012 Titanium and I'm thinking about changing the spark plugs. I have my car at the dealer today for some recall work (door won't latch) and I asked how much for spark plugs and the guy said he'd check but he thought about $200 so I laughed and said I'd pass. I see the Denso and NGK iridium plugs are listed around $10/ea and I wonder what other options there are. Also, how hard is it to get to and replace the plugs -- haven't done this before on the FF.

Brian

·
Registered
697 Posts
The original spark plugs are probably NGK laser lridium. They won't say NGK on them you'll just see Japan. Ford used NGK laser iridium spark plugs in a lot of applications. You can probably get the motorcraft version on RockAuto for 6 bucks a piece plus shipping .

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Also on 2012s there are two different plugs spec'd depending on the date of the manufacture. While at the dealership have them check the part number for your car by the VIN. Then buy them elsewhere!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Also on 2012s there are two different plugs spec'd depending on the date of the manufacture. While at the dealership have them check the part number for your car by the VIN. Then buy them elsewhere!
That, or go to an online parts dealer, plug in your VIN and get the correct part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts