Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone...2 quick questions

Have a 2003 zx3 with 3000 miles. Is it worth while switching out the stock plugs to autolites or should I just wait until it is needed. Have any of you guys put in the block heater plug. My car doesn't have a block heater and I'm thinking of doing it myself.

[?|]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Don't worry about the plugs. I have a 2003 ZX3 and changed out my stock plugs at 10K miles with the Denso Iridium plugs and noticed a smoother idle but no performance gains.
Just keep the stock ones until you hit 10K miles and get the AutoLite Double Platniums for less than $10 for all 4 plugs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Aren't Autolites and Motorcraft pretty much the same thing? What you have in their stock are double platinums if I'm correct and those should last AT LEAST 30,000 miles. I wouldn't worry about them. I'd change my plug wires before I would ever touch my spark plugs. You might wanna check them periodically to make sure the gap is correct.

·
Registered
793 Posts
What exactly is a block heater and what does it do? Well I should say how does it work, I guess it heats the block lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts