Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2000 Zetec SE sedan. and i have noticed a little stumble at idle and at WOT and i decided to try some newplugs. it currently had some beatup old motorcrafts in it and i replaced them with Autilife double platnums (or something liek that). well the car could hardly run.. something went wrong. anyways i put the old ones back in and it runs just liek it did before??

what should i do? or better yet what did i do wrong??

·
Registered
105 Posts
You could try the ones at FocusSport. I've always had good dealings with them ofcourse. Another thing that i did was when i removed the old plugs, i counted how many turns it took (I think it was 11) to remove them and then installed the new ones with the same rotations but didn't over-torque them. If that doesn't work then you could always check the see if all of your plug boots are on all the way. When i first got the 8mm ones from FS they were a little hard to coax on so i had to press a little harder on both ends. I don't know if this info will help you any, i hope it does. Good luck either way.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I used to use these Autolite AP5364 before I went F/I. They worked real good and I never had a problem with them. You can pick them up real cheap at Walmart. Always put a little anti-sieze for the alum head on steel threads.

·
Registered
625 Posts
i encounted the same problem except the problem was oil was getting into the spark plug sockets and messin the spark plugs up , ruined brand new autolite's and had ot getnew vavle cover gasket plugs and wires

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, that sucks man. I wonder what happened.[V]

·
Registered
789 Posts
jgodinez302 said:
and all be sure to check your plugs are gapped correctly.... another common 'cause for spark problems
this and also what Sojirou said about the connections. when i first changed my wires i had the same symptoms cause i didn't press the wires all the way down onto the plugs.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I am not a fan of autolite, really. I would certainly check to see if you have oil leaking in there, check the gap, and if you decide to replace them...you can geta hold of wayne and get yourself a nice set of Motorcraft Coppers...prob the best plugs you can get for that car IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts