Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have done a search and found many people have had an issue with the spare tire and jack. I bought my ZTW used so I am not 100% sure if I have all the correct spare tire parts.

I found this link and it is as close to what I have out of all the other threads I have read in my search on this forum.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108399

I have that foam gerb that looks like it holds the lug wrench and I have two different hooks that are about 4" long and are threaded on the bottoms. The biggest difference is my spare doesn't look like the one in the picture. My spare is the same aluminum rim that I have on the car so that foam piece doesn't fit at all. Does anyone else have a spare that matches the rims on your ZTW or do you think the previous owner replaced the original spare with a aluminum wheel?

It also looks like some sort of plastic piece in the center of the foam gerb with a threaded hook rod through the center of it. I do not have a plastic piece like that. I will take pictures of what I have and maybe someone can tell me if it's correct or I am missing pieces?

Thanks,
Adam
2003 Ford Focus ZTW

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Sounds like some changes by a P.O. who preferred a full size spare.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
A full size spare is great if you have the space for it, much more convenient/safe than using a donut. Hard to figure out what you have/might be missing from your description. More importantly, do you have a working jack and a wrench to remove the lugs? If yes, than you are set. No need to worry about anything else.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ This.

If you do revert back to a miniature spare tire, all you'll really want besides the tire, wrench, and jack is the a threaded bolt and plastic washer style piece that screws the tire down to the floor so nothing rattles. I've never seen that phone piece pictured in your link but it must also be to prevent rattles.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Foam piece helps hold tools & supports the trunk carpet, works only with temp. spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts