Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't spend much time here, maybe I will again. I bought a new 2018 ST because I had to turn in my 2016 lease and I love it so much I got one of the last ones off the dealer lot.

Anyways before I turned in the 16 I spilled gasoline on the hatch carpet cover which was just a mess to clean up, I took it out and power washed it at the car wash.

But while I did that I noticed how much AIR there was under that mat and that the spare - though I appreciate a relatively full-sized spare - was taking a huge amount of depth.

So I went looking for a space-saver and found that the Escape and MKZ spare is a 17x4 155-70/17 and is the perfect diameter and correct bolt pattern AFAICT.

Just got it, made sure it was properly inflated and rearranged a couple of things in there and WOW has it made a big difference in space.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
[thumb]rep given.......

·
FUBARCUS
7,768 Posts
That's awesome. Always been one of my problems with the St!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think you can also get the foam inserts from a regular focus (it's shorter for the space saver tire) if you need the support for the fabric cover.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
This mod (not a hack) has been around for several years. Yes you gain some depth but unless you'd tacking stuff to the roof all the time you won't gain anything from this. Also having a full sized spare and not be speed limited is much better imo.

Sent from another garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts