Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Tom's for the GTG and put the car on the dyno.
Numbers where
237hp and 240tq at 12psi
Theres still a lil more in the tune so im calling it 240 for both. Heres the dyno.

Heres the re-routed piping

Heres a peak at my Crankcase blockoff now vented

Catchcan

Intercooler (again)

All in all everything worked out great.
Thanks to, Tom(1turbofocus)for help with tune, John(03OrangeSVT) for the tune itself, and my family.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
might want to repost it w/ the image links!

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
#'s look good

however the pic links do not lol

·
Banned
47 Posts
Love the catch can!

mine is a deer park water bottle!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The dyno is a little decieving, in all the previouse runs the curved looked great but during that run I think we didnt quite let off the gas like we should have so we got the little sag and lag on the end.

I have to say that I was really impressed with the way the SPA turbo performed.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Couldnt get RPM because of his MSD and he didnt bring his stock coil pack and wires , The SAE was 2Hp Diff less

Tom
Why can't the dyno pick up the spark signal from a msd coil? How did you get a tq#? Like to know, was contemplating getting one

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Good numbers and we even made it home!!! Next up is to get those 1/4 mile times right???

·
Registered
789 Posts
you should do a battery relocation to the trunk to give yourself a little more space up front. graph looks awesome and so does the work. that is a Greddy RS BOV isn't it?

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
Why can't the dyno pick up the spark signal from a msd coil? How did you get a tq#? Like to know, was contemplating getting one
Seems with the MSD and the screamin deamon , the dyno has a hard time getting a good RPM reading from the wires and I go directly to the tach signal wire and have tryed the plug wires as well but they both do the same thing

I havent found that they add any power or make it where you can run more gap still waiting to see what the COP coils do

Tom

·
Banned
18 Posts
Seems with the MSD and the screamin deamon , the dyno has a hard time getting a good RPM reading from the wires and I go directly to the tach signal wire and have tryed the plug wires as well but they both do the same thing

I havent found that they add any power or make it where you can run more gap still waiting to see what the COP coils do

Tom
It's interesting that you cannot get the tach signal wire to work.

Typically MSD wires give the pick up a hard time, regardless of the car. Most of the time, if you can get it so the pickup is tight around the wire and not moving any, you can get some clean runs.

Bryan

·
Banned
18 Posts
Went to Tom's for the GTG and put the car on the dyno.
Numbers where
237hp and 240tq at 12psi
Theres still a lil more in the tune so im calling it 240 for both. Heres the dyno.
Without having a good tach signal you can't get torque. Not trying to say that you didn't make that torque, but if what tom says is right, you didn't get a torque reading.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Hey Tom when you remote tune my car after i break in the motor. i have the C.O.P on my car what do you wanna test on it

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
Yes we got a FEW runs that had TQ to about 43 or 4600 then broke up for a bit and came bact twords the end of the run , The TQ he stated is accurate and in my opinion if we could of got a reading would of been between 6 and 12 higher

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
Hey Tom when you remote tune my car after i break in the motor. i have the C.O.P on my car what do you wanna test on it
Would need to do that testing on the dyno , The only way to tell is COP is going to be worth the money is to see how much plug gap you can run with out flame blowout (misfire) , If you cant run a good gap then the COP will be a waste of money

Tom

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yes we got a FEW runs that had TQ to about 43 or 4600 then broke up for a bit and came bact twords the end of the run , The TQ he stated is accurate and in my opinion if we could of got a reading would of been between 6 and 12 higher

Tom
Tom I'm just asking if you really think this car was tuned correctly. I'm looking at the graph and it just seams like something is not right with the car or his set-up. Waves are bad I'm sure you can say yes to that.

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
No it wasent fully tuned, I am not his tuner the dyno was more to see where he was and to get an idea how it was doing , We corrected some small issues and his boost controler or waste gate still has some issues that is whats causing the roles

He just has some fine tuning to do and some small adjustments with the kit he is close

Tom

1 - 20 of 46 Posts