Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to my first Street-Racing Event Tonight.
(Strictly as a Spectator in my own car)

I can't exlain how great it was to watch it, I mean I never saw so many cars out together.
It is just crazy, people burnin their tires making all kinds of smoke and other people revving there engine's really high to make other cars get out of there way. Seeing everybody run to there cars and speed away as the cops come, driving down the street to gas station. Hangin out with about 60 other cars for about half an hour. Then doing it all over again till 2 am.

I know street racing isn't a good thing, but i never has such an experience in my life.

I am just curious what other people have to say because I'm hooked.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
never been to a race before but would love to go to one and see what goes down

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Street Racing=quick and easy way to ruin the better years of your life. You'll either end up A) In Jail B) In the hospital (if you're lucky) or C) In the cemetery.

Frankly, street racing is for people who don't care what happens to them or other people. Go to a track, learn to do things the right way, and keep it there. About the first time an innocent is killed its dumb, and with the number of accidents that are caused because of street racing, I'd be happier seeing cops haul off and rodney-king some street racers.

(NOTE!!! The rodney-king statement does not mean that I in anyway condone what happened to him, I thought that was repulsive. Merely beating someone for being a different race is wrong, beating someone because they are stupid is another thing altogether.)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
hey im from Philly and i been going to the races for yrs!! It has died down over the past 3 yrs..it was really big like 4-5 yrs ago.. I have seen people die there. I never perosnally raced, but I;ve watched over n over again..however, most of the fatalities I saw were all bikes, only 1 with a car. In any eventm it is fun to watch, n sometimes the cops will box the streets in. one time they closed off both ends n gave out over 300 tickets..lol its fun to watchm but there are many consequences in the end if u get cought down there, even as a spectator.. where u from near philly??

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in philly, (about Ten minutes from the strip)

And as i said earlier I went strictly as a spectator, I will only go as a spectator, and I simply enjoyed being around people who are like minded. I like to meet people who are into aftermarket car performance, ricer or not. It was a fun time and I have no intention of condoning street-racing but have nothing against spectating. I really enjoyed the event and how it was just purely carnal.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have seen a few mild races in my area. But last weekend I finally hit the jackpot and found out where all the people meet every weekend for some massive action. I had a similar experience watching people scatter as the cops come and moving on to the next location. I know it's dangerous, but there is some sort of basic attraction to watching the whole thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts