Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well their is some clanking when hitting small bumps, dips, and rises in the road. I initially think its the suspension. I took the damper and spring out. Readjusted them, tightened and reinstalled. The noise is still there.

Has anyone had some knocking coming from their right front wheel in the drivetrain components, tie rods, or suspension? I am not too familiar of the noise but it does seem to be metal on metal.

I was hoping anyone in the south jersey area might come up and help me out? Free lunch and beer? I need an alignment so if its tie rods, i will have to rain check that. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for helping my 02 Sonic SVTF,

Tim

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i would need to tighten the end links on stabalizer?!?
Now with the tie rod, there is noise when i move the steering wheel back and forth a little. Kinda like a thud (possibly a bushing). But there is no play in the wheel. The wheel moves and the tires move.
....so if its the tie rod, i should see and malfuctions at the wheel?!?

I need someone in south jersey/eastern pa to take me up on my offer for free lunch and beer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
mine does it..def sway bar end links. i replaced them but one still does it now and then...kinda irritating

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had that problem and the dealer fixed it by replacing a rubber piece that goes between the coil and the plate in the strut assembly.Since then no more annoying noise.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was no rubber peice there when I replaced my Struts. Hmm, very interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts