Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reviewed the excellent how-to for replacing the heating pad but it doesn't mention the part number for the pad. I checked www.fordparts.com and their price for the seat pad is $280! There are much cheaper pads which I assume are for the standard SVT seats. Will these work? Can I use one of the universal pads with the wiring already in the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hey can you get me the link for the how to? my moms heated seat went in her ford 500 and it needs to be replaced. (sorry for hijacking thread.)

·
Registered
152 Posts
A while back I was going to replace a heater in a suburban we had. I found a source online that actually provided the oem's the heaters. The kits sold for less than 100.00. The kits they sold included the wiring and switch so it could be installed into any car but you could easily splice it into your existing harness. I dont have a link though. just search on auto seat heaters.

here is the link. looks like a reputable company.

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html

·
Registered
152 Posts
wow, that's a great price. Well worth it. You could always go the aftermarket route if you wanted multi heat levels or wanted to add the seat back heater too.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Call steve at tousley. Im sure he can get the seat back pad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts