Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Old school before they were bought out 3 or 4 years ago.

The older Rubicons are decent, but I've heard a few of them being repaired as well.

If you're interested, I know someone who may still have some for sale.
Send me a PM.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah I used them in the past, like many years ago. They put out decent power and were IMO very reputable and I never had any problems with them.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah good point on the SQ........ they were heavily known as a very good competitive amp for SQ.

Also they tended to power anything as I had a small 60W Soundstream running two 12' RF's at one time and they pounded big time. Don't let the low wattage scare you off, those amps powered.....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm running a Soundstream Van Gogh VGA800.5 amp. I've had it for over 3 years and haven't had any problems with it. My only complaint about it is that the manual that came with the amp is pretty much useless.

I'm not sure how 'old school' it is, but I think they discontinued the line a while ago.

·
Registered
572 Posts
yeah, I miss the old soundstream... the old Reference series of amps.. I remember having a reference 500 pushing a single spl15 monster in the back of my crx... that was back in 95... their old amps could take so much punishment... without a fan, it never once shut down on me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts