Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the issue of their doors or windows sounding like they are leaking when you are driving? It sounds like the windows are cracked but they are all up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Im guessing its the weather stripping.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Focus had loose weather stripping when I bought it, and the passenger side door was mounted incorrectly. Just bring it up on your next oil change.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Does anyone else have the issue of their doors or windows sounding like they are leaking when you are driving? It sounds like the windows are cracked but they are all up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Im guessing its the weather stripping.
Hi there,

Have you had a chance to talk with your dealer on this? They'll be able to diagnose your symptoms. Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
314 Posts
With 60K miles on my car now, I notice a small door leak but nothing major. My drivers side door isn't hung 100% correctly (looks like it was made that way) which might make the issue worse. Does the beltline line up for your front and back doors?

I have a dash rattle too around the radio console as well as a creaking in the IPC and the black plastic trim in the knee area near the climate controls seemed to have been installed incorrectly because it isn't flush and has an odd gap. Quality control at it's finest [bash]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
With 60K miles on my car now, I notice a small door leak but nothing major. My drivers side door isn't hung 100% correctly (looks like it was made that way) which might make the issue worse. Does the beltline line up for your front and back doors?

I have a dash rattle too around the radio console as well as a creaking in the IPC and the black plastic trim in the knee area near the climate controls seemed to have been installed incorrectly because it isn't flush and has an odd gap. Quality control at it's finest [bash]
Have you been to the dealer for these concerns? Please let me know so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have you been to the dealer for these concerns? Please let me know so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan
The car is well out of B2B warranty and the work would be tremendous to try and diagnose all of these rattling noises and why the driver's side door was hung 4mm outside of perfect. [paranoid]

No thanks.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
The car is well out of B2B warranty and the work would be tremendous to try and diagnose all of these rattling noises and why the driver's side door was hung 4mm outside of perfect. [paranoid]

No thanks.
Alright, well I'll be here if you need me. :)

Meagan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts