Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have a ford focus mk2 2008 with a stereo cd600. Can someone tell me if the speakers wires goes directly to speakers or there is something else before. Also if you have a malfunction speaker can the sound go and come and sometimes go for a long time because i have this fault and i don't know what's going on.

Thanks. [mecry]

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Is it just one speaker or all of them?

If it's just one, it could be a loose connection at the speaker. Has the car been in an accident?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have sound with all the speakers but when i plug 1 of the speaker only. Is it possible that 1 speaker sometimes work good and sometimes not. I never had accidents whit this car but why you told me because i have bought this car 2 years ago.

Thanks my friend.
TONIO

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Does the unit turn off and on by itself or is it that the sound just cuts out?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You might want to pull the deck out and unplug it then plug it back in firmly. Then see if it solved the problem. With electronics most problems are in wiring and connection points.

If it continues, the issue is either there is a short in the speaker wire(s)or, the deck(headunit)is on it's way out. Some OEM decks in our cars don't last many years at all.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
It's most likley a loose connection. If a speaker were going bad, you would hear a loos in sound quality, not cutting in/out. Make sure all the connections are tight on both ends, and if need be, try running new wires.

Better yet, you can use this opportunity to upgrade your speakers, just grab a decent set from crutchfield and install them. Will probably cost like $60, but will sound quite a bit better than the factory equipment.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Yes it will

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Lightly push the speaker in, if it feels scratchy, the voice coil is bad and the speaker is no good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts