Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sound dampning my SVT

Im looking to sound deaden my SVT with B-Quiet extreme before i get my new speakers in. Im planning on doing the front and rear doors and the trunk for now. Will this be enough to make my car audio sound great or will i need to do the floor as well?

How many Sq ft will i need of B-quiet extreme to complete the 4 doors and trunk?

Do you guys also recomend speaker baffles for your door pannels?

Will my windows roll down and my doors fit back on with all the extra dampning? I will be using 6x8 speakers if this makes any difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depends on how much you want to dampen the sound, for the amount to buy. Usually just a small piece of dynamat on the vibrating panel will get rid of the rattle, but if you want lexus sound quality you're going to need a lot. You want to put the dampering material in a place where it isn't going to mess up the way the panel fits on the door inner. Don't just slap it on any old place, you can put it on the inside of the inner door structure. And 6X7s, i've never heard of that size, I think focus's have 6X8s, but someone else wil have to confirm that. Good luck, be patient, and it will turn out great.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I put Dynmat in my entire trunk it did not cost me much but that is cuz i work for best buy and get a discount. I'm going to do the roof, both doors,under rear seat and finish back of my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts