Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not gonna lie that sounds pretty good..

I wish it could get a little quieter though..

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too--I think it is now just a hair louder than *just right,* but I am very happy with it for the price and I dig the quad tips.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get an interior sound clip eventually. It gets relatively quiet inside except under acceleration, where there is a slight drone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll get an interior sound clip eventually. It gets relatively quiet inside except under acceleration, where there is a slight drone.
Would there be enough room to throw a second resonator in there? Or maybe a slightly larger single resonator? I love the tone, looks, and everything too just a little to loud haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Would there be enough room to throw a second resonator in there? Or maybe a slightly larger single resonator? I love the tone, looks, and everything too just a little to loud haha
This. I am with this, lol. Though I'd like to see it raised up or protruding from the Zetec valance... [:0]

·
Registered
112 Posts
This. I am with this, lol. Though I'd like to see it raised up or protruding from the Zetec valance... [:0]
I have the same valence hehe.
I'm thinking I will have to cut it a little but it will look clean!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Judging from this picture, you can't put another resonator in the straight section of the midpipe.

However, you may be able to fit a 4x12 (18 maybe?) in the area just before the rear wheels, after that 2nd 90* bend. I believe that a secondary resonator goes here in non-pzev models, but I can't confirm it, as I had pzev exhaust parts.

It looks like it would be a tight fit though!

·
Registered
112 Posts

Judging from this picture, you can't put another resonator in the straight section of the midpipe.

However, you may be able to fit a 4x12 (18 maybe?) in the area just before the rear wheels, after that 2nd 90* bend. I believe that a secondary resonator goes here in non-pzev models, but I can't confirm it, as I had pzev exhaust parts.

It looks like it would be a tight fit though!
Yeah that actually would probably work... Hmm when I have the funds I will be giving that a shot. I love the looks of this thing!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like this exhaust and I am considering getting it but I have lots of questions first?

I live in Cali so my car is PZEV like yours was but if I got this exhaust it takes off the 2nd cat so that means when I need to get this smogged I would need to put the stock exhaust parts on. Is there a way that I can even put the stock pieces back on? Is there welding required? Is this system bolt on? Do you need to cut the stock exhaust off or unscrew some bolts?

Sorry if I sound stupid I am extremely confused?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NoUsername: any competent exhaust shop would be able to incorporate the stock 2nd cat back into the system using a reducer. The easiest way would be to cut the stock exhaust just behind the 2nd cat and weld the new midpipe in place with a reducer.

IIRC, but don't quote me on this: people are able to pass visual inspection if you do the above.

I can't recommend bolting and unbolting exhaust parts for inspection because they seem to seize up FAST!! I had to angle grind the nuts off of the stock flex pipe flange to get my 2nd cat off and my car is only 1 year old!

The kit is ready to bolt on with no cutting/welding from the box, but only if you don't need to modify it for emissions. Wait, actually, you do have to buy 4 additional grade 8 bolts similar size to the kit +lock washers and 4 nuts, then cut off the extra hanger that comes with the exhaust (it's the one that comes off of the pipe where it snakes above your rear suspension, but that's such a minor task). Everything else is good to go; gaskets are all included, and you don't need exhaust paste.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: In order to put the stock catback on, it would need to be welded back in every single time you go for inspection--since you cut it in half to get it off of the car. Don't be scared of the cut, a sawzall cuts it like butter. I suggest just incorporating the 2nd cat into the new exhaust.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're welcome!

I am thinking about it right now. Doing a cut-out on the stock valance is a no go for me because the hitch will hang lower than the exhaust and will look odd. I like how my exhaust distracts the eyes from the hitch for now, but a diffuser would do a better job.

The hitch will force me to modify any diffuser I buy though, so I'm still debating!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should definitely look into it. I've been doing some research on them and found a few I'm debating on getting.

This one is cool http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/141_145/products_id/1372
But you might have trouble with the hitch.

Then there's this one. http://www.aemintakes.com/images/press/john-pangilinan4.jpg
That would probably be ideal with the hitch.

Just figured id link a couple to you for perspective, don't know how much you've looked into it but here you go anyways :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you're looking for a valence that works with a hitch the zetec valence is supposed to. It also has cutouts for dual exhaust already.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
If you're looking for a valence that works with a hitch the zetec valence is supposed to. It also has cutouts for dual exhaust already.
Actually it doesn't have the cut outs already, it has a templated outline of where the cut out goes, but when Dyn085 installed his on his old Titanium he had to cut out the exhaust pipe locations himself on the lower valence portion of the kit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Actually it doesn't have the cut outs already, it has a templated outline of where the cut out goes, but when Dyn085 installed his on his old Titanium he had to cut out the exhaust pipe locations himself on the lower valence portion of the kit.
Hmm interesting.. I guess that makes sense especially for the quad tip..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts