Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got the bottom end together, je pistons eagle rods, but i got a bit of walk...i thought there was a spacer/thrust bearing but there isnt (correct me if im wrong) but it got the cover on that goes over the end of the crank that hooks to the flywheel...am i getting ahead of myself ie the clutch flywheel pushes the crank in or did i drop the ball somewhere? pls help!

btw the oil pan isnt on yet...

ughhhh dammit does that seal between the crank and cover make up for that slack?

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
ok guys i got the bottom end together, je pistons eagle rods, but i got a bit of walk...i thought there was a spacer/thrust bearing but there isnt (correct me if im wrong) but it got the cover on that goes over the end of the crank that hooks to the flywheel...am i getting ahead of myself ie the clutch flywheel pushes the crank in or did i drop the ball somewhere? pls help!

btw the oil pan isnt on yet...

ughhhh dammit does that seal between the crank and cover make up for that slack?
That should not be moving, if I so do remember correctly. I will find another person to jump in here though. Might be tomorrow though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The top middle main bearing of a Zetec has a thrust surface incorporated. Dont have a crank out of the block to picture...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts