Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I went out to my car to start it up and the key switch wouldn't turn. I didn't sweat it too much as I hopped into my other car and left.

When I came back, I grabbed an old can of Prestone silicone spray I had in the garage and sprayed it into the switch a few times to soak the switch down.

Then I went inside and began to do some research and saw how this was a common problem. I went on and ordered the updated switch based on my research and I'm waiting for it to come in.

Hours later, out of curiosity, I went outside and stuck the key in the switch and now it's turning like there was nothing ever wrong with it in the first place.

Anyone ever experience this? Thoughts?

Also, can you tell from the image below whether or not the switch has already been replaced? I'm going to replace it anyway for peace of mind, but I'm wanting to know if the switch has already been replaced.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the Strattec switch installed. For those that care, this is what it looks like. The white stuff on the outside of it is the white lithium grease courtesy of me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts