Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plz dont flame me for this, but after test driving a nissan sentra se-r spec v, I could not resist buying it right then and there.

My zx5 with the zetec has given me nothing but trouble for the past months, with 90K miles on it, first the alternator went down, now it keeps blowing the 30 amp ignition fuse.

the Sentra blew my mind away with the seemingly unlimited tourque and very impressive handling. and the sound is impressive.

for 18K $ It was hard to pass up :(

am still a focus fanatic though even if I sell the focus so plz no hard feelings.

Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Haha, just because it's an import doesn't mean you're a ricer! That's a very nice car actually. I've driven one and they are definitely impressive. Good choice man, hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Like the others said it doesnt make you a ricer.. I have been in one, they are a nice little car and they look really good![thumb]

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Congrats on the new car. My buddies wife just got one too...In that copper/burnt orange color.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, thanks guys, I was hesitant in posting this, and not to diss the focus or anything but that se-r spec v has incredible potential from what it looks like.

a good turbo alone adds up almost 70+ hp with a few other mods the evos and sti's are smoked lol

Thanks again guys for the genuine congrats.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx a lot guys, I will post up pics as soon as the rain stops.
ofcourse it would have helped if the svt was still in production :(
I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat with a hypnotic tune ..... :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Spec V. You got what you like and enjoy driving it now. Congrats!

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Basically, the SE-R and the SVTF have the same weight to HP ratio. They were the two leading cars of their kind when they came out. I was going to get one but got a deal on a fully loaded SVTF for $18k rather than a base SE-R for $18k.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I have 2 picture request if you can: 1 being the engine bay and the other being from underneath the engine bay. I'm curious about something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats what I call sportsmanship guys, this place has been awesome which is why am not going anywhere.

and thanks for all the support ladies and gents.

I took the pics, engine bay and underneath as well as some outside pics, will post them when I get home.

This model came with the rockford fosgate fanatic package, sunroof, security and sirius satelite.

the rest is standard stuff, power everything (except for seats) a nice feature I found is the auto dimming outside mirrors (helps a lot against glare from SUV/s and Trucks getting on your ass)

·
Registered
579 Posts
SE-R spec v

congrats, my brother in N.C. got one from a local dealer with some NISMO parts, exhaust, shift knob, rims and CAI he says the thing is a blast. i hace kids but i got the SVTF loaded for $16,900 i might look at them again in a year. my oldest is starting to drive and might give her my SVTF. well have fun with the car. [8D]

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
dude Spec-V's are nice I almost bought an 03 but I got a hella deal on my svtf so i didnt but good job on getting something nice and something that everyone is gonna have............post some pics

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Nice car man. I've always been a fan of the Sentra's. I seem to do pretty well against them even without the nitrous, but damn, they have torque for days. Past 90mph, you'll kill lots of NA cars. Get it to the track and hook us up with numbers/pics. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with it!

Btw, if you want springs for it, msg me. I know a guy who just replaced his with a full Tein coil over kit and he's looking to sell the drop springs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts