1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
515 Posts
Those are the rims from the European ST170. I think they look kick-ass, but I had to actually see them on a car first. HotRodWagon has them on his red ZTW, and they look great.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
What Heather said.

Also, the SVT *is* getting new wheels for the 2004 model year. They have kind of a machined finish, and more of a chunky, angular hard-edged look to them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
they look better in gunmetal

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Those are really nice looking. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that.

·
Registered
688 Posts
well if ur talkin about those new svt rims, they tight!. like how they indent in the center of the rim..lot better lookin then the stock rims on my car..blah!.. the ones with 10 spokes..i think its 10 spokes, not sure

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
look at the background svt... appears to have the many spoke rim just like the ebay one... uh oh im not a fan of them

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
[hihi] I think so too. But I prefer a painted finish rather than a machined finish. Painted wheels seem to hide staining and dirt better. Actually, maybe they are painted? Hard to tell from the pics...

That was directed to ZX3_Chick. You people post faster than I can type. [:I] But I do like the new wheels better than the euro package wheels.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yeah, I'm talkin about the pics that SVT4ME put up.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
Those rims on ebay are actually off an older model Ford, I think it's a Mondeo from Europe or something. They are definitely NOT European ST170 rims, because ST170's are thin 15 spoke wheels with a much larger centre hub. The ST170's rims are exactly the same as the Euro package ones sold on the SVTF in the US except for some reason the SVTF ones are gunmetal and not silver and I reckon the gunmetal ones look great). I think the ST170's in Europe are sold with both and it just depends on what colour car you get as to what colour rims are sold, although I may be wrong. Here in Oz we only get the lighter silver coloured rims on our ST170.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yeah, they do post faster then I can type, too. As soon as I post something, there's like 3 other posts that show up before mine.
I really don't like those dark spoked wheels on that orange SVT. They look too plain for me.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
yep definetely not ST 170 rims. since i'm driving one (and loving it [:D] ) i should know.
i wonder if they're gonna put new rims on the ST next year....
Peace
DFM

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
you lucky lucky man. Black too... droooooool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts