Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the lower trans mount and the drivers side (both trans mounts. i have the 2.3 duratech) mount from vf if u want to buy it from me. both have about 500miles on them. they are only good for track day use. daily driving sucks that is y i took them out. email me at [email protected] if any one is interested....150 bucks for both. the lower trans mount is the stock mount with the new Polyurethane bushings pressed in. upper one is from vf which i got from focussport.com i will get a pic within a day or too.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You can buy just the inserts. That is the cheapest route. Worked for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
they are already pressed in :)
no i purchaced a kit off ebay. i had to press out the old rubber bushings and press in the new Polyurethane bushings. it was tough to do useing only a vice. so I reused the same houseing for the bushings.[thumb]
this is a sample of what i bought. ebay #8063133074 but the orignal mount costs over 100bucks so that is y i want 150bucks for both[:D]

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
The inserts for the lower mount as well as every bushing in the Focus is available from Rob at www.zxtuner.com. He sells all the Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings.

From what I've read on this site, the VF engineering bushing is different than the poly inserts because the polyurethane is molded in the metal dogbone as one part, not simply inserts put into a stock dogbone.

Poly inserts :16.95 + shipping
VF lower mount: $100 + shipping

Keep in mind with either of these you will feel the motor more while driving. Some people like that, some people don't.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
click Here

New edge has the bushings as well. Fast shipping also. Not to say that zxtuning doesn't, but I've never purchased from them.

You can't purchase bushings to press into the passanger engine mount or upper transmission mount. You can buy the driver side VF mount, the passanger VF mount is still under development as I last heard.

The stock bushings are a PITA to press out. You have a large bench vise?

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Check the Autozone tool rentals, there's a tool used for pressing ball joints that's basically a cup set in a C clamp on the opposite side of the threaded press. Sometimes the cups are large enough to press bushings, and some Autozone stores have presses especially for bushings available. If you know any electricians, a knockout punch set (drag outs) can be used for removing and installing bushings if you're clever and have some threaded rod, long bolts, nuts, etc to work with also.

Definately find the tools, and familiarize yourself with what you'll have to do first [thumb]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
how do you guys even get to the mounts, and how do you raise the engine up to get room to do it?? i've always pondered

·
Registered
930 Posts
Lift on the front crossmember just to the passengers side of the mount. Then put jackstands in, then you should be able to access it. Not only will you need to undo the bolts for the mount, you may have to remove or loosen a metal mount attached to the transaxle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.