Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hours after Tricia from ford customer service filed a claim for me my car is fixed and ready to go. They told me this morning that it wouldn't be done for another week and the service guy had no clue when the parts would be available.... Then the same service guy calls and tells me that the car is ready. Hmmmm. I really hope the work is done correctly, and not rushed. Very concerned that they just through it together and got me out of the way. I had to get a whole hub assembly replaced after an oil change one time. They didn't seat my wheel correctly to the hub and I drove 500 miles before someone told me my wheel was wobbly. I feel more concerned than relieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hours after Tricia from ford customer service filed a claim for me my car is fixed and ready to go. They told me this morning that it wouldn't be done for another week and the service guy had no clue when the parts would be available...
Thanks for the update, Ajpaoluccii.

I recommend taking your vehicle back to the dealer if you can. We’re only a PM away, if you need further assistance.

Have a great weekend! [:)]

Tricia

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hours after Tricia from ford customer service filed a claim for me my car is fixed and ready to go. They told me this morning that it wouldn't be done for another week and the service guy had no clue when the parts would be available.... Then the same service guy calls and tells me that the car is ready. Hmmmm. I really hope the work is done correctly, and not rushed. Very concerned that they just through it together and got me out of the way. I had to get a whole hub assembly replaced after an oil change one time. They didn't seat my wheel correctly to the hub and I drove 500 miles before someone told me my wheel was wobbly. I feel more concerned than relieved.

Drive it. With how picky these transmission are. If there is a problem im sure it'll rear it's ugly head before you know it. Otherwise your probably fine as both jobs shouldn't take long at all if they had the parts. It takes one day for new clutches and I heard a tcm is even easier to change.

You'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Drive it. With how picky these transmission are. If there is a problem im sure it'll rear it's ugly head before you know it. Otherwise your probably fine as both jobs shouldn't take long at all if they had the parts. It takes one day for new clutches and I heard a tcm is even easier to change.

You'll be fine.

If they had the parts they should've fixed it. They shouldn't have given me the run around saying it was on back order. They were gonna put me in another rental. I would think they'd wanna fix the car than pay for another rental. I really hope it doesn't brake again

·
Registered
497 Posts
If they had the parts they should've fixed it. They shouldn't have given me the run around saying it was on back order. They were gonna put me in another rental. I would think they'd wanna fix the car than pay for another rental. I really hope it doesn't brake again

True. Only reason I can see them not fixing your car is if you weren't next in line for the back ordered part. Getting the rep help probably pushed you in front of the line and got your issues expedited.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had this fault when my clutch pack was slipping too much. It entered a "limp along" setting and I could barely drive it to the dealer. Changed the clutch pack under warranty and all was well.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts