Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Name is Trevor and I am just getting ready to get myself into a focus, My wife is pregnant and I am currently driving a lifted f-150. so need something way better than 12mpg. I have been looking at the 2012 or 2013 Focus SEL but honestly no idea what model type is best. I was deciding between the Focus and the Chevy Sonic but the Focus wins because of how much bigger it is with comparable mpgs. I am looking to get into one within the next week or 2, just trying to sell my gas pig first.
How does everyone like their Focuses?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome!

If you were considering a Sonic, take a look at '11 & earlier Focus models ('08-'11 only differ in details).

Some were kitted out quite nicely, and they're cheaper & very dependable. Some had the 17" sport wheels, and you'd want one with a rear sway bar (better ride & handling).

'12's have the most issues (first year of the new model) and all of the MkIII's while quite nice have more things that can go wrong potentially. Look in the MkIII section to get an idea. We naturally hear all the gripes, unhappy with cup holders seems to lead the list for minor ones (chuckle). DCT automatic can be fine, but troubles when they happen are a Dealer repair & despite recently extended warranty on problem pieces for the '12 to early '14's some have repeated issues & that doesn't make anyone happy. Could be thousands out of a million, still an issue we hear about a lot.

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks a lot. I will have to look into it a bit more. I hadn't really heard of a lot of issues with the Focuses. Wife's cousin is a Ford tech so repairs are free for me, so hopefully not such a big deal.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not tryin' to scare you off, we've got plenty of members happy with their cars. (mkIII)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts