Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 90% of the way to pulling the trigger on a 2012 Ti 5dr in Sterling with cold weather, exterior protection and nav packages. I'm really stoked about this car, I've been waiting for years for one of the automakers to pull their heads out of their respective asses and bring a decent, small(er) european car over hear. I thought about the Fiesta for a while, but after seeing and driving the Focus there's no comparison.

My previous cars have actually all been BMWs. I bought a beater '88 325iS back in HS with my first job and it lasted me all the way through college. I also currently have a '92 325i convertible with a 3.5L motor swap, factory m-technic package, fully re-upholstered white leather interior, and a billion other things (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=192422). I also am currently sitting on a '91 525i (mostly stock) that I'll be selling to make room for the new Ford. It's a fantastic DD, but my new job has me commuting a lot further and 38mpg is far superior to 24!

All the BMW guys are giving my the 2nd degree for giving up the Ultimate Driving Machine for a Ford, but after driving my 525i back-to-back with the Focus, I can honestly say the Focus is a far superior car in everything except smug factor ;) I can't wait! It'll be my first new car, hell my first car with a warranty even! I've always done all my own work on cars, whether it's changing the oil or doing a full motor and drivetrain swap. It's going to be wierd to take it to a dealer and hand it over for routine maintenance [???:)] Anyone know if doing my own oil changes will void the warranty?[8D]

Cheers,
Darin

·
Registered
243 Posts
Unlike BMW's, Ford does not come with free maintenance. You can purchase it if you like... So no, changing the oil yourself won't void the warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts