Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to work on sourcing a V6 for my SVTF's heart transplant. There nothing wrong, but who doesnt want 6 european bred cylinders pumping in the engine bay. V6 and side exit exhaust, here I come!!

I *like* to do the 220hp 2.5 V6 from the CSVT, but might end up with a cougar 2.5v6 (170hp) with some mean head work...

There's nothign wrong with my engine, 45k well cared for miles, synthetic oils etc. Im going to throw it on ebay perhaps as a full swap...ECU, uncut wiring, engine, mounts, getrag, etc. Wonder how much that'll get me??

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If you want to build the v6, get ahold of it and build it first and get all the work ready to go in.

You def. need to talk to Jeremy ( V6focus ), he knows all the ins and outs of that swap.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Why dont you just save yourself the money or possible agrivations and just boost your engine? I would love to do the V8 swap someday, i just dont know if i want the headache.

·
Registered
965 Posts
connolly92 said:
Why dont you just save yourself the money or possible agrivations and just boost your engine? I would love to do the V8 swap someday, i just dont know if i want the headache.
I would say put the v6 in then boost that. [thumb] Dont know if there is room for all that, but damn wouldnt that be fun.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That *could* be the plan...

..how many twin turbo V6 foci are roaming around???

(Ive been talking to Jeremy, he's going to do the leg work for me)

·
Registered
169 Posts
i would definatly go with the csvt 2.5

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Darth Focus said:
That *could* be the plan...

..how many twin turbo V6 foci are roaming around???
There's a single turbo one on FJ.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A turbo V6 focus would be a beast...twin turbo v6 would be uber beast...

I dunno...I guess I'll have to wait til I get bored with the V6 as it sits.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just an asumption that you will go V6 front wheel drive. Was just thinking though, and I don't know a thing at all about the feasibility of this - what about twin turbo rear drive V6? It seems like the V6 might be shorter front to back than the V8s that get swapped in to make rear drive - maybe the V6 put in for rear drive would give you more room to work around it AND to get two, big air pumps under the hood. Man, that would no doubt be a one of a kind. I guess the huge unknown is the trans setup - it is a trans-axle designed engine - would probably need some sort of proprietary bell housing and clutch design......That could be the end all I guess........ Like I said, totally a thought and nothing more but sure would be unique.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I wanted auto, id try and fit the escape's awd system in..

H

·
0 Posts
I love driving my SVT countour and the SVTF. ;) If I could put them into one car it would be a blast.

You could probably keep the Getrag with the CSVT engine could you not?
The CSVT is a MTX-75 tranny like the stock Focus.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
at least your doing it to an svt now all of us with original cars just went up 25cents in value

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ really ..... well good luck with it, keep us posted man.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
It'd be pretty darn cool to see an AWD V6 focus. Whatever route you decide to go with it, good luck and keep us updated! [:D]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
make that AWD twin turbo V6 woo-hoo!

I would never get any real work done if I owned a salvage yard...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heh, me neither....

Id make frankensteins all day long....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts