Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to be fitting my SONY-CDX-MP40 cd player into my new focus,
I had already fitted it to my old megane no problems there!.
I've been to a few sites selling facias FP-07-02/s, and some mention snipping wires????
does any one know if there is anything else i need, cause i dont want to be snipping wires if i can avoid it, is there another connector/Part no.?

Wildbrew[thumb]

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i've never used a facia plate and infact i've never heard of them until now, i just looked some information up on them and they look like they are only available in foriegn countires, mainly european countries. where would you plan on getting on of these? i guess it would work but it's not as secure as i like, i'd still recommened the dash installation kit from www.partsexpress.com or somewhere else where they sell the metra brand kit. you'll need a wire harness for 1986-up ford cars which is available at partsexpress or walmart. last, you'll need an antenna adapter from partsexpress or best buy. and don't forget a crimp and crimp connectors or solder. take a look at this too: http://www.jwardell.com/focus/hu.html

- Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
sorry, i dind't realize you were from the UK. so then you could get that aand that harness looks to be the right one. from what it says it will fit. you will need to crimp the wires though, the wire harness you need to get plugs into the stock harness and then it has a bunch of wire leads, the aftermarket hu has wire leads coming form it's own wiring harness so you just connect the same colored wires. not too hard.

- Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've ordered the parts need
when i've wired it i'll post a pic of the player installed with the facsia

wildbrew[thumb]

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
looks really nice, very clean.

·
Registered
567 Posts
did you get the facia plate off of a web site? I like how it looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts