Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how much better the Sony 10 speaker system is compared to the 6 speakers. I plan on getting an SEL and wonder if its worth paying another $1000 to get the Sony system. I dont really care for My Ford Touch

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello,

I have listened to both and I have to say the Sony system is far superior. I think the MFT/Sony combo is a good value.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Check your dealers in your area so you can test drive both setups. That way you can decide for yourself if it is worth it. Obviously the bass will be cleaner due to the sub but it will also tend to rattle anything that may be loose too. Myself, I didn't want MFT either but the 10 speaker system forced me into it. I haven't taken delivery of the car yet though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm impressed with the sound quality with the Sony system, especially as the stock choice on the Titanium. I wanted MFT and was willing to spend something extra for upgraded speakers, so the move to Titanium made the most sense.

I've had some problems with MFT, so I can understand why some people want to avoid it. I'm hopeful that Ford will improve reliability before too long. When it's working, I enjoy using it and it looks great in the dash. We've had trouble getting bluetooth to connect and the system has frozen a few times, plus one time the screen would not power up at all. So, the potential is there, it just needs to be reliable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm going to be ordering soon and I am def. Going with the Sony/mft. Ford has gotten so much negative press on the MFT and they are obviously scrambling to get a fix out so even if its having issues now, I plan on having the car for several yrs, would be silly to give up this feature for short term frustration vs yrs of having it work right and loving my car that much more! Jmo

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts