Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95757 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Easy, cheap and makes it sounds amazing... Makes me really want a quality intake
Totally! Waiting till we can do tunes before I get one though. Also, to be honest (and kind of embarrassing), this was my first time seeing one of those air filters in a car before. I took the lid off and was like holy hell, thats a lot bigger than I thought it was. [paranoid]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It is a huge filter... Just wait for an aftermarket one, thems be bigger ;)

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm debating on whether I want to spend money on a shift knob or wait for a short throw... But I figure this would be fun... It is available with a multitude of thread options, shift pattern options and even custom designs on the sides. At under $70 it's not a bad price... Wonder if they can do offset stripes???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let's just say I've lost 2mpg since Friday when I did this because I love the sound at full throttle. There is a sizable sound increase, may be too much for some, but I'm loving it and the GF hasn't said anything yet except for "Wow, all that from removing that plastic" and "cool!" LOL. It's only four screws.

Thanks... I love my stripes and my other craziness.
So you just removed the four screws and the cover and that's it? that simple!?[unsure]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes sir... Four screws, a slight tug and store the cover and screws in a safe place... It's that simple.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Lost me with the green headlights. The rest looks fantastic though.

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Yes sir... Four screws, a slight tug and store the cover and screws in a safe place... It's that simple.
I did this last year, although I lost my airbox lid in the process of moving, oh well [giddy]

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
does that air filter get dirtier now that it is exposed?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It probably will... Debating replacing with a K&N or Intake now

·
Registered
316 Posts
I did this last night, and omg it sounds tight under load! get mod for the price of 4 10mm screws.

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Yeah I does sound good, but consider getting a K&N filter if running with out the air box lid.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Let's just say I've lost 2mpg since Friday when I did this because I love the sound at full throttle. There is a sizable sound increase, may be too much for some, but I'm loving it and the GF hasn't said anything yet except for "Wow, all that from removing that plastic" and "cool!" LOL. It's only four screws.

Thanks... I love my stripes and my other craziness.
Wait I'm probably asking a stupid question but you lost 2 mpgs when you took it off cause you took it off? Or cause you've been driving with an iron foot lol [confused]

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love the day-glo green stripes! My fofo is grey also, and I'm considering using that green as a contrasting fill color in areas where things have been removed, and for certain altered parts. It's great to actually see it on a car.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
So is that legal in your state to tint the headlights that shade?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lead foot syndrome LOL
Holy shit...taci mushrooms... I have a borla cat back on my focus and when I took the cover off I swear it sounded just like a Subaru..I swear it had that amazing boxer rumble to it [headbang]. Will it still sound like that when I get a steeda CAI? If it won't I won't even bother getting it lol I like the sound it makes now [ffrocks]

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just read about removing the lid to the airbox today. I promptly came home and removed and drove. Holy batman does it sound like awesomeness. Wanting to do the lunchbox delete as well to compliment the "stock CAI" so to speak.

To the OP, love the green theme. Please keep us posted with pics on your progress.

·
Registered
316 Posts
is there an ISR on these OEM intakes?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So is that legal in your state to tint the headlights that shade?
Can't find a law or city statute against it. A couple Sheriff buddies couldn't think of anything against it either. I guess it's one good thing about NM's backward laws.

21 - 40 of 95757 Posts