Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95753 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Well, what this thread originally set out to be and what it's turned into are two different things LOL So, I'm leaving the original text and adding the Sonic Crew stuff for easier reference too...

Originally as my Build thread:

I'm going to take a page out of Twenty's book and start a thread that just has what I'm doing to my 2012 Focus SE. That way I'm not running three or four threads at one and filling up the FF servers with redundancy. Subscribe if you'd like, or ignore it... Consider this the "car blog" from "That Guy" LOL

And now... Sonic's Mk3 Crew Info:

Now that the logo is set and the crew is coming together... Here are the rules for membership. Take heed those that may want to join, we're a motley crew of trendsetters and boat rockers...

Rules for Membership into Sonic's Mk3 Crew:

1. Mk3 Ford Focus
2. 500 posts or mas...
3. Must run some sort of stripe and/or other unique Mod befitting the crew.
4. In good standing with other members.
5. Approved by me and group!
6. Must have available "fitting" character, no doubles!

Sonic Crew:
Sonic_HedgeHog (Sonic) #00
Dyn085 (Knuckles) #01
_RED_ (Shadow) #02
Focusboy58 (Super Sonic) #03
Darkangelism (Tails) #04
ZX3Matt (Metal Sonic) #05
Suss6052 (Dr Robotnik) #06
Rhiannon666 (Amy Rose) #07
Unida767 (Vector the Crocodile) #08
2012-Focus (Chaos the HH) #09
stang74shelby (Shade the HH) #10
TitaniumStick (Jet the Hawk) #11
Meattooth (e-123) #12
BLarson (Silver the HH) #13
MotorcityJAX (Metal Tails) #14
jdubhack (WereSonic) #15

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is how I first saw my car on March 9th... Negotiated a dealer trade from Barbie Ford in Denver. Took Rich Ford (ABQ, NM) five days to get her down.

No, that's not really what I paid for her, but makes for interesting insight into pricing.

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^^ very true about the sticker being an insight to pricing. When I got mine it was many thousands of dollars more than I paid. I thought wow, got a good deal.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A couple hours after picking her up, dropped by my Mom's to show off my new ride.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I won't shy anyone away from doing business with Rich Ford, I will say I was less than impressed with some of the practices of the dealership after the contract was signed. It was no longer a "team effort" to get me my keys ASAP, it became "that's not his responsibility" and "why would you expect that?" But now a month later I'm glad I bought from the largest Ford Dealer in NM, because they compensated me nicely for their mistakes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll subscribe, what are your plans, mods, etc. I've always enjoyed a good build-up thread. That's what I like about my toyota forum I am on, they have a buildup section. less talk and more action.

I want to mod mine before too long, as money permits.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It'll be as money and warranty permit LOL...

I don't wanna start throwing everything away yet. There are many good parts that until they wear out a bit there's no real reason or urgency to replace (eg. tires, wheels, clutch, etc). Plus, as more comes to market my choices and preferences may change.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Debadged and dirty after a week of life with me. Debadging done by dealer during a paint touch up on the hood...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I need some factory 5 spoke titanium wheels, these steelies are puke!! lol

what mods are you considering/wanting.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

We try to schedule weekly quality time, including a bath, but makes for good picture opportunities before she's dirty again.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fast forward a couple weeks, a hundred or so dollars in stickers, lighting tint and the like and her current state...

(old vanity plate off my WRX, testing plate colors with the stripe)

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only "performance" mod so far is removal of the air box lid. Not sure the performance I'm getting but the sound is amazing.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My current wish list looks something like this:

FSWERKS Race Cat Back Exhaust
Steeda Intake (heat shield wielding version)
Coilovers
Steeda Rear Sway bar
Steeda Short Throw shifter
18" Wheels (still debating which)
Brembo 310mm BBK
Functional Front Splitter/Windage tray
Functional Rear diffuser.

My goal is to create and "tasteful" (at least in my mind) car able to be daily driven but still with enough teeth to hold its own during open track days or on the back roads.

I (obviously) have a thing for green and am a little fanatical about my car.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Only "performance" mod so far is removal of the air box lid. Not sure the performance I'm getting but the sound is amazing.
Was thinking about doing this... Really that much of a sound increase? Easy to get off?

Seriously, every time I see pictures of your focus with the stripe it looks cooler and cooler!

·
Registered
316 Posts
do you get shit flipped for having tinted headlight lenses ( by po po's )

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was thinking about doing this... Really that much of a sound increase? Easy to get off?

Seriously, every time I see pictures of your focus with the stripe it looks cooler and cooler!
Let's just say I've lost 2mpg since Friday when I did this because I love the sound at full throttle. There is a sizable sound increase, may be too much for some, but I'm loving it and the GF hasn't said anything yet except for "Wow, all that from removing that plastic" and "cool!" LOL. It's only four screws.

Thanks... I love my stripes and my other craziness.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No issues with the police as of yet. My buddy who is a Detective with the Sheriff's Dept couldn't think of anything illegal about it and pointed me to the city and state statutes and ordinances, nothing outlawing it...

At night, other than looking freaking cool, there is a slight green hue to the lights, but output not effected very much.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Let's just say I've lost 2mpg since Friday when I did this because I love the sound at full throttle. There is a sizable sound increase, may be too much for some, but I'm loving it and the GF hasn't said anything yet except for "Wow, all that from removing that plastic" and "cool!" LOL. It's only four screws.

Thanks... I love my stripes and my other craziness.
Yeah, I just went out to the garage and removed it.... at 12:30 PM. Was reving it and pulled out of the garage and drove around the block. Holy hell it does sound better. My GF, when I let her drive, loves the sound of the engine. LOVES IT. She'll love this! And yeah, when I got into it and saw the screws I was like lol, too easy. [headbang]

Also left the airbox cover drying in the sink. Figured id clean it off before putting it in my "car parts" drawer.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Easy, cheap and makes it sounds amazing... Makes me really want a quality intake

1 - 20 of 95753 Posts