·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That was Josh Forza'ng my car into an ST

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I hope you wouldn't mind but I think I'm going to totally jack that side exhaust you did! I too am going for the race car look and this is just way too cool for me to pass up!! Also, would love to be apart of the "Crew" but have no idea where to start to get in!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Drew, let me give you a piece of advice on the side exhaust... If you lose any ground clearance it'll come back to bite you...

Check out the rules/regs section for membership details

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Drew, let me give you a piece of advice on the side exhaust... If you lose any ground clearance it'll come back to bite you...

Check out the rules/regs section for membership details
Let me ask you!! Lol has this ever happened to you say............ Over a speed hump? Haha, Still think ill do it though! Ill just avoid low clearance places and how much would it have cost you without the resonator!! Thanks!

And will do on the crew portion!!!

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
$180 install
$75 Magnaflow
$55 Vibrant
$20 tip

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome build. Seriously digging the mudflaps - How hard was that? I'm creatively terrible and feel like I'd just josh up trying to copy whatever you did there?? Best part is how your car comes together. A lot of your mods on their own I wouldn't do, but together, it's art.

That's an inspiring car man. Any thought gone into widening the stance? Fender flares?
(Me in an alternate reality wants to drop the new 3.5L twin-turbo ford engine in this sucker and drive like hell.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sonic, Nice car man[twothumbs] !
Mines Race Red, not grey, Yet, looking at yours, i can see THE FUTURE!! [thankyou]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks Guys!

The flaps weren't incredibly hard once I had all the needed parts and a little help...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Son of a bitch. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on my exhaust install, and then I see a viable side exit. I've done side exit on a dozen cars in the past, just didn't think it was doable here. Now I've got some thinking to do. Also, any issued having non-DOT approved marker lights? I just put reds in today, but I'm wondering if it's going to get me any blue lights.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Around here as long as they're not blue or red I'm fine.

The exhaust is functional and seems to be great for power, but... I've lost some ground clearance and am still working on the best way to get that back. Gotta pop it through the rocker!

·
Registered
269 Posts
As often as I scrape as it is, that's probably not a good idea. I've already got one side skirt broken as it is. Great looking car, I've been a fan for a while.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well, I've probably missed a few things over the course of the last few months... So I'll just have one post to catch everything up...

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Nice Pix Brah [thumb]

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
love the creativity and thought put into the build... that exhaust exit and diffuser... oh yeah... and it looks good! much want

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
love the creativity and thought put into the build... that exhaust exit and diffuser... oh yeah... and it looks good! much want

Thanks!

Only problem with custom stuff... Not always the easiest to replicate. I have been debating design tweaks to the diffuser already LOL

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Not that I have to explain why I do things the way I do, but I figure I'll bring everyone up to speed on the newest additions...

When I was looking into doing the ST Front swap I figured it was time for something new in the color scheme department. I decided I'd go with an aviation theme... I was originally inspired by the P-51 Tuskegee Red wings (started with the red spoiler)...

I started doing some research and looking into the group that they flew in and realized that, while known for the P-51, they started out with the P-40 Warhawk. That inspired me further. I started looking at "Red Wings" and Warhawk themed cars (it's ironic how many rat rods you find doing this). Some inspiration:

Photochopped:

Others:

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So the theme was set... The 332nd but I wasn't set on a Mustang or a Warhawk... But then I started realizing the Warhawk allowed for more fun.

Yep, the teeth...

I ordered a couple different sizes to test, 12" and 35"

Well, as you can see the front bumper doesn't really allow for good placement. So we went big and decided not to go home.

(Pic from earlier today after application while it was still setting.)

Now I've gotta go do the passenger's side...

More to come

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
[headbang]

41 - 60 of 63 Posts