·
Banned
12,313 Posts
very very nice [headbang][headbang]

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Then came the K&N Typhoon Intake... Got it from a fellow FF member that had it on his care for about 50 miles. He had put together all the little things so the install took about 45 mins.

Just a few miles short of 5000...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Then came the seemingly requisite MazdaSpeed3 Rear Motor Mount... Easily the best bang for the buck modification on the Mk3 and one of the fastest, esp with air tools. 45 mins start to finish! Happened just shy of 7337 miles.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
After over a month long wait with parts sitting in my apartment, my custom exhaust went in. Just shy of 8600 miles it commenced early one morning as I dropped off the Focus at MBS in Albuquerque, NM. The exhaust consists of a Magnaflow 12464 in the main tunnel and a Vibrant 1792 resonator in the side tunnel...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If you never believe that freeway gators exist... See what one will do to a perfect Mk3

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Allstate was kind enough to help me obtain a check very quickly and my next mods came much sooner than originally expected... Y did I buy more mods instead of just returning the Focus to pre gator state, because chicks dig scars and RACECARs get the occasional dent...

I present to you Sparco Assetto Garas in Graphite & Green, Muteki Titanium colored spline drive lugs and Rally Armor UR+ in Gray...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The front Rally Armors went on with little drama, the rears though... Took some ingenuity and fab'ng...

The rears were finally finished about a month later when time and the right parts came together...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Between the front Rally Armor install and the rear a few aesthetic mods occurred...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dum da da dum... And finally, the crowning achievement... My Unida767 sourced Chinese made ST reproduction spoiler...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Installation was fairly easy but it was interesting to compare the stock spoiler to that if the ST Repro... I Plastidipped it the very night I received it because I had to have it on my car MEOW...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That pretty much brings us up to the present... Now sitting here at 12,800 miles and just about 8 months... It's been a wild and fun ride so far!

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Had some free time to update your build I see. Nice progress so far, nice to see other members sourcing parts for the community:) I woulda bought wheels too, instead of fixing damage - wait I did lol. I got into an accident a few years back and used the insurance check for a bra(to hide damage) and my infamous hotswaps which are now sold lol

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
And the Future looks bright...

Thanks to 2012-Focus I know the direction I want to take the Focus... My two new benchmarks:

With a few personal touches thrown in for good measure:

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
1/19/2013, 17,550 miles

Installed a Whiteline 24mm adjustable Rear sway bar.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts