Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I am trying to figure what other options I have with the Sonic7 Kit. I would like to used the standard factory motor mounts which is the Zetc 1.8 Focus with the IB5 box. What other versions will work without re-welding??

Factory Link
www.mevltd.co.uk

2.0 L 110 hp (82 kW) 125 lb·ft (169 N·m)

5-speed IB5

See link Below more info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_(North_America)

Thanks

Karlo

Attachments

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
i take it your looking to build one of these??

and you wish to know your other options for engines?

for what i see its a european kit, most if not all of this car is desgined around that, im not sure how much differences there are between the euro drivetrain and the us, but i can tell you all focus in the US are 2.0 not 1.8. You have the SPI listed for an engine, i would look into trying to find a Zetec or SVT engine for that puppy there is more parts in terms of performance for those as to very very few for the SPI.

this looks like it would be an awesome kit to build, i dont know how many differences you will run into with the kit being from england

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
if he's thats a euro... don't waste time on a svt block.. if money isn't a thing then get a rs or st engine....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How are you going to get it tuned?
Euro focus has different ECU codes then the U.S. and Canada.
The ECU is the same and will fit into the harness but, the codes are the problem.

Rob

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
it says this guy lives in idaho, what i think he is trying to do it buy one of these kits have it shipped to idaho and use a us focus engine and drivetrain. so if thats what hes trying to do i think he is asking if there needs to be any modifications to the kit to get it to work?

so if thats what i think he is trying to do thats why i recommended the svt engine over an SPI or Zetec

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SPI with the 5-speed IB5 is the Standard therefore the motor mounts specific to that. So my question is the there any other usa engine that will direct fit the standard motor mounts. I will be using the a USA Donor car.

Maybe I should have the factory make the USA version Sonic7 SVT or Duratec what are your thoughts??

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If that's the case then yes the 2.0L Zetec will bolt up cos 1.8L and 2.0L Zetec are the same just the CC in the 1.8L are smaller.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts