Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think I am improving on hitting my apexes.....

Autocross this past Sunday. It decided to rain 5 MINUTES before the first car hits the course in the first heat. My first 6 runs were in the rain with the last 2 on a wet course that was slowly drying up.

Of course it was completely dry during the second heat. With other STS cars in the second heat, I don't think I placed very well but it was my first time to run in the rain and it was a BLAST! The Kumho MXs were a LOT better in the rain than I thought they would be. I had complete control of Sonic the entire time and it never felt like the rain was affecting the natural handling characteristics of the car.

A big [thumb] to the Kumho MXs in the rain, and a fun day at the auto-x.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
The last time I auto-xed it decided to rain on my last 2 runs in my heat. I was PO'd too cause I was getting better each run.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i got to that in a Vette once, and they were like, DONT SPIN THE TIRES, umm yeah sure buddy.....

haha looks like fun, how many times did you find yourself thinking WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
331 Posts
Great pictures, looks like alot of fun

·
Registered
651 Posts
Those are awesome pics for being in the rain & all [thumb]

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Only 2 thing scare me. 1. driving autox in the rain
and the other is carnies, you know circus folks.(austin powers)

Glad that you have some good rubber!!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oni said:
Looks like too much fun.

I hope it'll rain here sometime again here during an autocross.

Are your fogs hooked up, or do they just glow brighter when the blinker is on?
Since I went back to my stock lights, I hooked my fogs back up as my parking/turn signals. In those photos the parking lights are on and they do flash brighter when I have the turn signals on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts