Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this problem its been pissing me off for the last couple of years and I don't know how to fix it. My rear wiper just chooses randomly when it wants to work and when it doesn't, but to my luck it mostly chooses not to work when it rains hard.

Ive always thought that eventually the motor will give up and die, and that's what the problem was but it never happened so I'm starting to think its faulty wiring that just randomly doesn't work.

Im hoping that someone had this problem but figured out how to fix it, anyways any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
98 Posts
The wiring bundle that goes from the body to the hatch on the Focus has a known issue relating to problems with the insulation on that bundle fraying/cracking. If you have broken or frayed insulation there, that could be affecting your rear wiper.

Check this thread for a good pic that Feral posted showing the typical problem:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177074

As I mentioned in that thread, I've checked my harness, and I do have some cracked insulation. Doesn't seem to be causing any shorts for me, but now I'm aware that it exists. My wiring bundle has been taped up either at the factory or by a previous owner, and the tape seems to be what's preventing any shorts. I may eventually repair the broken wiring myself, but that's a job for the winter months when the car will be garaged (unless it starts causing problems before that).

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
+1 rep for Jbodin, right on the money, several of my wires were broken and needed repair, its tight in there, but there is room.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks guys! Glad to help!

[cheers]

[loveff]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
XD JBodin LOl doin it again... XD I bet hes added that link to favorites XD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts