Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I have a 2003 svf with 105k miles. Mods are intake and ORP. Timing belt never changed. So here is the problem. Car will start fine until it warms up then it will start to miss,but not bad. If you drive the car the missing will go away after awhile but come back. Also car will rev to 2-3k on its own until at a complete stop.but it won't rev all the time. No cel or anything. I pulled the codes and got p173 fixed it and it still says I have it. Also got codes p200 p300 and p400. Could this all be from timing belt? I changed plugs and cleaned throttle body really good no help, so I also cleaned maff.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I've heard about the dpfe sensor on the egr. Try and get a ford part if possible. Some say maybe the maf.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did some research on it. Sounds like a possibility but idk with my luck. I will give it a try, how much for the sensor?

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
check your wires that comes from the harness to the alternator the "pigtail" wires on FJ someone had the same issue and that was it...i think those are misfire codes im not sure..have u tired to pull your - cable off the - terminal and reset the computer?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
And do that timing belt ASAP. It won't fix your prob but you also don't want the prob if it fails.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I did try resetting the battery. Same codes. Also alternator wire do all that?? And I threw a egr code but I dont have a egr? Lol this car has a mind of its own. So check for what bad connection or wire showing? I feel that is not the problem here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I will give it a shot. Could it be an bad coil pack? I replaced it with a stock ford one 2 years ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I checked wires going to the coil pack. I didn't see anything wrong there.could a bad TPS do all this?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Its possible that a TPS could do that. I also have to agree with notreal on changing your timing belt. You don't want that to break

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I plan on changing it. Also I threw a code p200 I just found out it stands for fuel injection malfunction. Would that be an injecter or rail??

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yeah, don't like those code numbers, they're all generic ones not specific & the last (400) is for a system not on the SVT.

200 is an injector code, but it isn't pointing at a specific problem & 300 is the misfire code that would go with that.

Don't want to trust them as the info. is limited & at least some is wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts