Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving to work yesterday going over the bridge doing 80 km when i lost power and a loud clicking sound i pulled over popped the hood and to my amazment my sparkplug was out of the hole i put it back in but it seems to have lost its growl. i just bought ngk irid plugs and got ngk wires that say r8 i gather thats 8mm if anyone would know what happened to my fofo i would appreciate the info thanx

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Sounds like one of the spark plug wires popped off while driving....and you had a misfire...your car then shut itself down.

Now what do you mean by lost "growl"?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lol from my sri it just didnt seem to have that sound of air sucking in when i put it in gear also i did the fan mod where my cooling fan stays on all the time could that be the prob and thanx 4 replying ktwelsch

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I wouldn't think that the cooling fan mod would effect the performance on your vehicle other than causing added strain on the electrical system.

I would recommend unplugging the negative terminal on the batt. for about 10mins to let the ECU reset and see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx agan ktwelsch i got my growl back now i just gotta learn how to reach my goal of 200 hp in my se if its poss[ffrocks]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts