Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice something odd with these 2 screen shots i just took off focussport.com?

something that we all have been saying but may not be true?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PS tank..... they have the 06+ resivoir with the cosworth IM...

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Oh are you talking about how we thought the Cossie IM wouldn't fit the 08? (or did we think that? lol) I dunno.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
piece of crap 08's, they even made the engine look nicer already! They didn't do that for mine! But in all seriousness, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't really even know what I'm talking about. :)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh are you talking about how we thought the Cossie IM wouldn't fit the 08? (or did we think that? lol) I dunno.
theres alot of talk how the intake manifold from cosworth wont fit the 06+ without converting to the earlier 05 and below p/s pump and tank.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Ah. Well looks like this solved that. Although is it a possibility the mounting points changed from 07-08 as well? Ever so slightly?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well focussport hasnt added years to the mounts... and we all know the MTX75 is still being used with the duratec, so the rear and Driver side mounts still have to be the same...

and plus the placement wouldnt have to deal with the engine mounting sinse the tank is mounted to the pump on the engine...

·
Registered
666 Posts
CAI on an 08.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
no the mount for the pump itself may have moved from 07-08 ever so slightly. I mean the radiator fill is there now as well so it might have changed. I guess we could ask Brad to take a picture of his 08's bay to compare.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats an idea^^^ i didnt think of that being alittle different...

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Looks sweet for sure. Maybe not a fan of the little cover over the injectors but meh. What is that box under the battery? Almost looks like they moved the PCM under the hood.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Well, hope this helps uncover the mystery

Got a couple more closer up if you want 'em

1 - 20 of 39 Posts