Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to the junk yard for a speed sensor for my 2000 ford focus se wagon, now the one I took it off of was a 2000 Zetec Auto like mine is, but when I took the sensor out of the junkyard trans, it spewed oil out.

And when I got home to switch the newer one out with the old one, no oil came out, and I had the car jacked up pretty good, the only thing is, the dip stick says the level is good, and I checked it after driving it for about 10 miles, after I let it settle for about 5 min.

So what's going on here, is there separate area's for oil on these ATX75 trans?

Thanks,

Djzx3

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very strange. Step 1 in the workshop manual says to place a drain pan beneath the speed sensor, so although I am not a tech, to me this means (expect fluid loss). Not sure why you had no leakage when you removed your old one if your fluid level is fine.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
How are you checking your fluid? You should be checking your fluid with the engine idling. Then use the cold or hot range depending on the temp of the engine to determine if the fluid level is good.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drive the car for about 5-10 miles, then come back to my driveway where I find flat land, and while the car is running I check the dipstick, after letting it settle for about 5 mins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts