Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the SVT susp swap 2 days ago and the passenger side sits much higher than the driver's side, maybe i'm just being an impatient tool when it comes to the springs and shocks settling down. I've driven approx. 80 miles since the swap, should I just wait a few more days and see if it evens out? Or is this just a thing that i will have to deal with considering I'm the only one in the car 95% of the time. In the meantime I'm going to give it some hellacious left turns to see if i can get it settle a bit on the right. Thanks for any help.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Give it a few good downward pushes on the passenger side. Some from the front, and some from the back. It seems to help quite a bit to make it settle faster. Just be careful to not push too hard and dent anything.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I go get the alignment here in a couple days I'm going to see what the tech says. They shouldn't have a problem since I replaced with factory ford parts. It has settled a bit in the last 24 hours or so, so i'm not real worried. Also, is 4 days and about 125 miles of driving enough time and use for the new springs to fully settle, or should I wait longer for the alignment?

·
Registered
696 Posts
steviedon said:
When I go get the alignment here in a couple days I'm going to see what the tech says. They shouldn't have a problem since I replaced with factory ford parts. It has settled a bit in the last 24 hours or so, so i'm not real worried. Also, is 4 days and about 125 miles of driving enough time and use for the new springs to fully settle, or should I wait longer for the alignment?

Just get a fat chick to ride shotgun with you for a few hours.

[thumb]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts