Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some douche backed into my car today, didn't bother to leave a note or anything[:(!] Although I'm seriously pissed, I can fix it without too much hassle.

I need a part number for the piano black triangular grill insert on the drivers side. I went onto Fordparts.com, but the diagrams are not really of any use in determining the exact part I need. I also need a bottle of touch-up paint for the white Tri-Coat. If there's any dealer part store employees here, please help me out.

2012 Platinum Tri-Coat Ti Hatch, VIN: 1FAHP3N23CL193683.

Part has some numbers on the back, G8702 and R235B, but that doesn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about that. I would give Tousley a call tomorrow. They should be able to get you a part number.

·
Registered
788 Posts
That's too bad about the damage. From what I can tell it's part# 17E810, $58.90.
For the touch up paint you will probably have to order it through the dealership parts department. I had to order what I thought was the common Ingot Silver Metallic. Unless they don't keep paint in stock due to little demand or shelf life, it was delivered in one day.

·
Registered
609 Posts
hi, service # for your LH grille should be BM5Z-17E811-EA. Paint # is PMP-19K507-7204A (catalouge says its called white platinum, for what its worth) hope you get her patched up soon!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hijack - somone backed into the driver's rear door of mine 8 days after picking it up, but they left a note. Right now I'm waiting on an estimate which the dealer recommended body shop is struggling with because his CCC estimator does not have any information for the 2012 Focus.

·
Registered
609 Posts
its due to the base part # change i believe on the paints now. when i bought mine i had to contact fords PACO to get the correct # it only 3 paints seem to use that basic, candy blue being one of them lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
its due to the base part # change i believe on the paints now. when i bought mine i had to contact fords PACO to get the correct # it only 3 paints seem to use that basic, candy blue being one of them lol
Yes I just ran that basic and found out. Thanks for the info.. Ford basic# changes drive you up the wall as well? Some days I think I am going crazy, then when I find they are using a different basic... arrrgh!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all who responded. I just ordered the parts from FP.com and should have her fixed back up in a few days. This part number thing is a real PIA on the website. They never list the prefix and suffix numbers, so it's a crap -shoot when you order. Perhaps a short lesson in Ford partnumberology is in order.

Good thing I've good good FF friends to rely on.

You guys are great.[cheers]

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes I just ran that basic and found out. Thanks for the info.. Ford basic# changes drive you up the wall as well? Some days I think I am going crazy, then when I find they are using a different basic... arrrgh!
Its one of the most aggravating parts of my job! lol as im sure you know. They wait until you are just about used to it being one # then it gets changed on you! lol. Gotta love em!

no prob underbird, glad to help out a fellow focus bro let me know if i can help out with any other parts related questions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts