Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing came out a little while back and so far we don't even have much information more than a couple of dyno results. How about some 0-60 times or some track times! I'm jealous of all you with $$$$!

·
Registered
714 Posts
one of my buddies here that lives up in Leander, Texas ran down at Seguin and pulled off a 13.74 @ 100.36mph and is putting 220.3 hp and 210.6 tq at the wheels. i love the duratec turbo kit.......makes me want a turbo even more after riding in his car.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Doesn't look like they are going to beat any SRT4 any time soon. I just tuned one that ran a 12 flat at 122. He was spinning in third gear. We tune the Focus but the SRT 4 is an impressive car. We have tuned a few of these cars so I am speaking from experience.

We will see when the Hi Boost kit hits the track. Some of these HP numbers just don't seem to get down the track very well. Even the MPH is off for the HP its making.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honestly...I can see the 2.0L motor revving higher easier than the 2.3L....

On the SRT-4 since its a 2.4L stock it only revvs to 6,000rpm's cuz bigger turbos spool faster....with a 2.0L motor...since there compression is a lot higher you need to rev it to 7000rpm or more to get the full potential out of the turbo... That GT28 turbo in the FS kit is a dinky ass turbo....HOWEVER since they havea T4 flange on the manifold you can bolt ANY TURBO up to a T67 and lower on that manifold :) ......... which means this.... GT37R, GT35R, GT3040 (aka GT3082R), GT3071R will bolt onto that manifold with no problemo...however you'll need to make a new flange for an external wastegate unless you get a GT3076R internally gated but have to watch out for boost creep...

·
Registered
615 Posts
well that stock turbo on srt is small as a sub-way sub anyway. and if you want to know i have a big turbo on my car and it spools fast and has no problem making boost. i have full of 14 psi before 4 grand. so that mean i have 3500 more revs till i hit red line.

but yes your right about all those turbo.

·
Registered
359 Posts
mustang2focus82 said:
i bet thats without a quaife atb differential w/ stock clutch?

correct..

My very first time on the track.. I even pulled a 14.7 still trapped at 101.50.

More time on the track and Im still on stock tires. Good ole P6's

Better tires, beef up tranny.. stage 2 I should see low 13's into high 12's

·
Registered
191 Posts
BigTurboSRT4 said:
Honestly...I can see the 2.0L motor revving higher easier than the 2.3L....

On the SRT-4 since its a 2.4L stock it only revvs to 6,000rpm's cuz bigger turbos spool faster....with a 2.0L motor...since there compression is a lot higher you need to rev it to 7000rpm or more to get the full potential out of the turbo... That GT28 turbo in the FS kit is a dinky ass turbo....HOWEVER since they havea T4 flange on the manifold you can bolt ANY TURBO up to a T67 and lower on that manifold :) ......... which means this.... GT37R, GT35R, GT3040 (aka GT3082R), GT3071R will bolt onto that manifold with no problemo...however you'll need to make a new flange for an external wastegate unless you get a GT3076R internally gated but have to watch out for boost creep...
Yep, you can't make ANY power with a dinky turbo from the GT28 family [8)] Good call [8]

No power with a Duratec...

No power with an SVT either, too bad... [:(]

·
Registered
460 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------
|................................myth busters..............................|
|......................B....U....S.... T.....E......D.........................|
--------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW i think that myth busters girl is pretty Fing HOT!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.