Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have pictures because it's been raining since it happened...but I was sitting at a stoplight when a Jeep Wrangler ran into the back of my car at 15-20mph. Cracked the bumper down the center and bent it a bit. Multiple black pieces of plastic fell out from the inside of the bumper, but can't see what they were or where they came from. Guessing just some kind of supports.

The driver-side tail-light can also be moved slightly with a bit of pressure. Waiting for his insurance company to call me today or tomorrow to set up an appointment to check it out. My poor Frau =(

Just wanted a place to complain to. It's about 5 months old (about 10k miles)...and now the value of the car has probably dropped 20%

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude.

let me guess they were texting will driving, this is VERY common here as I live in a very large collage town, not saying all collage students do this.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What a tragedy! Sorry to hear that ... hope the insurance gets it handled and hope Ford has all the parts to get it done as quick as possible. Good luck with your repair!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Awwwww, that sucks man, sorry to hear it. Since it can't be undone, I hope the insurance/repair processes at least go really easy for you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hope paint is available too ... the body shop that did the repairs on mine had to mix paint themselves to match the color.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude.

let me guess they were texting will driving, this is VERY common here as I live in a very large collage town, not saying all collage students do this.
Doo you go 2 skool dare two?

college* lol [chairfall]

·
Registered
190 Posts
That sucks! I was pissed when I scratched my bumper on a parking block, I would be devastated!

I want to hear more about 2012TI’s collage town. I love me a good collage…

[:p]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry to hear that...................they were probably totally in awe or your cool ride, and were unable to brake in time. Or..................maybe they were texting or some other stupid [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*! Did your airbags go off?

I've got a ZX14 Kawasaki, and I'm completely in FEAR of schmucks yackin' on their cells while driving. Couldn't say how many way too close calls I've had while riding the last few years. The ultra sonic "deer alerts" I've got on my bike don't seem to do any good at all! WUWT??!! Nuff to make you want to get off at the next stop and take a [chair] to the dopes.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Sorry to hear that...................they were probably totally in awe or your cool ride, and were unable to brake in time...
I take deep breaths when people ride my [:)][:)][:)] on the highway. Then I tell myself, "They just want to check out your awesome car that they've never seen before..."

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Sorry to hear dude! Mine is sitting at the body shop right now. Just pisses me off how many people just shouldn't be allowed to operate a vehicle. i'm a truck driver, I see it EVERYDAY. Best of luck! Check out my thread in the showroom. Also post pics when you can!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine got hit in a parking lot after 5 months and about 4k on the clock. No note, no apology, no nothing.

I repaired it myself since my deductible would have covered it anyway. New grill inserts and new DRL LEDs on the drivers side. Couldn't fix the crease in the lower bumper cover though.

My condolences to all who have suffered the fate of the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)], no-driving, no-class sleazebags that have damaged your rides. Accidents do happen, I understand that but stupidity, irresponsibility, and a lack of accountability just pisses me off.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The insurance company will also pay you for the reduction in value to your car. Just take the car to any ford dealer and have them give you a value before and after the repairs. This happened to my mother's ford explorer and the insurance company payed out for both the repairs and the devaluation.

·
Registered
67 Posts
sitting at a stoplight when a Jeep Wrangler ran into the back of my car at 15-20mph.
So what about you? 15mph sounds slow until somebody runs into you at that speed, someone hit my Fiesta at about that speed.

Soreness in your neck or a deeper appreciation of headrest positioning?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear that...................they were probably totally in awe or your cool ride, and were unable to brake in time. Or..................maybe they were texting or some other stupid [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*! Did your airbags go off?

I've got a ZX14 Kawasaki, and I'm completely in FEAR of schmucks yackin' on their cells while driving. Couldn't say how many way too close calls I've had while riding the last few years. The ultra sonic "deer alerts" I've got on my bike don't seem to do any good at all! WUWT??!! Nuff to make you want to get off at the next stop and take a [chair] to the dopes.
Ya I was in 2 accidents on bikes, as well. Neither of which were my fault, in the least. One of them smashed most of the bones in my right hand (buick driven by an old lady who was lost and decided to make a u-turn at the top of a hill...I healed 100%). It's actually what got me a medical discharge (arthritis in my joints now in the right hand). People don't look for bikes at all...it's disgusting.

As for me, I'm fine. I'm a pretty tough guy...a little accident won't hurt me. I was mad enough to kill the guy though. No idea what he was doing when he hit me, but obviously just not paying attention. Monday after work I'm going to get the police report and get things started.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude.

Well, that's kinda what you just said.

Anyway, that sucks man, I had somebody back into me around 5k

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine got hit in a parking lot after 5 months and about 4k on the clock. No note, no apology, no nothing.

I repaired it myself since my deductible would have covered it anyway. New grill inserts and new DRL LEDs on the drivers side. Couldn't fix the crease in the lower bumper cover though.

My condolences to all who have suffered the fate of the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)], no-driving, no-class sleazebags that have damaged your rides. Accidents do happen, I understand that but stupidity, irresponsibility, and a lack of accountability just pisses me off.
I agree, as of yesterday I have some stupid dent just below the gas door. Apparently someone either slammed a back door open hard. Or some dumb d-bag doesnt know how to pull in and out of a parking spot.
[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts