Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feel really stupid right now guys but im not really understanding the picture all to much right now. what does the RCA shield mean? and i was wondering if anybody has a better picture of whats in the red circle or if they could explain it better. I know its alot of questions but im an extreme newb at this but im sure someone can explain it well. thanks!!

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump....anyone? i know there is ppl who have done this i just need a better explanation really...

·
Registered
526 Posts
This is actually pretty easy to do, the picture is confusing and I think it is wrong. You only need to mess with three wires in the SVT harness.

pin 10 WH/RD Subwoofer amplifier - enable(goes to the Subwoofer turn on wire from new radio)
pin 13 WH/BK Subwoofer signal + (goes to core wire of RCA plug)
pin 14 GY/BK Subwoofer signal - (goes to shield wire of RCA plug)

If you have any other questions just send me a pm. I could not find the pics that I had on FF but can take some if needed.

Found link to pics: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151335

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is actually pretty easy to do, the picture is confusing and I think it is wrong. You only need to mess with three wires in the SVT harness.

pin 10 WH/RD Subwoofer amplifier - enable(goes to the Subwoofer turn on wire from new radio)

If you have any other questions just send me a pm. I could not find the pics that I had on FF but can take some if needed.

I have the same problem right now. If the RCA pre-outs on the back of my deck come in pairs wouldn't I need two RCA cables, not just one?

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same problem right now. If the RCA pre-outs on the back of my deck come in pairs wouldn't I need two RCA cables, not just one?

no there is only one sub therefore you only need one RCA

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What you do is you can use 2 rca's and just tie the positive and neg leads together

·
Registered
98 Posts
It depends on how your cd player is setup.

Some have mono subwoofer outs, even though you have two RCA cables. You can choose this in the settings.

If you only use one channel on the sub out, you might be missing a SMALL amount of content if you music has content recorded in stereo below 100hz or so.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you do is you can use 2 rca's and just tie the positive and neg leads together
and how do you know what the negative and positive side is? got any pics?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
neg leads are the shielding on the rca and the positive lead is the center piece....or like i said in that pm if you use that part i told you to get the solid color is positive and neg is the striped wire

·
Registered
140 Posts

These don't make sense. Those are the front Left speakers. I'm lost, and I need my sub back.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Okay, I think I've got it figured out now. Do I need a crossover?
I didn`t need a crossover but that may depend on what radio you have. So far I have used this setup on a Pioneer and a Blaupunkt.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Okay. Everything works now after splicing in the RCA cable, but I get the full range of music to the sub, so can anyone recommend a cheap crossover that will work.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
what kind of radio are you using? It is possible you have a radio that has a rear/sub selectable output and you are using the rear which is full range vs the sub which will be crossovered

·
Registered
140 Posts
what kind of radio are you using? It is possible you have a radio that has a rear/sub selectable output and you are using the rear which is full range vs the sub which will be crossovered
I do and it's set to sub. Could it be I'm plugged into the wrong RCA jack?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts