Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Some SPI pride!!!

5K views 70 replies 24 participants last post by  SOHCTUNER 
#1 ·
Ok they locked the old thread so I revived it. I am a chevy fan at heart, but have seriously fallen for this car. I have had the engine replaced the first month i had it cause it fried the bottem end. Two days ago I had a new timing belt put in and the car only has 88000 miles on it. Oh and the dealership is retarded took a month to get the motor in then they didn't replace the throw out bearing when they replaced the clutch. But I still enjoy the car and continue to drive it, and will to the day it quits completely. Then I will just rebuild it better. As far as Zetech over Spi I would take my car anyday, have driven both and like the way the spi runs better. I have outrun a zetech with mine and many other cars, its not so much the vehicle as the driver.[ffrocks]

#3 ·
thanks this is the newest car I have owned. I have always had hand me down cars, but have always had just as much pride in all of them. It just takes time and the want to make your car what you want.

#6 ·
love my spi, even though im having issues with it atm... i dont blame her though, i blame it on her previous owners maintenance (or lack of), and my driving habits. she seems like shes coming outta it though

gonna drive er til shes all worn out and ready for the junk yard. this is also my newest car ive owned by far, and so far the funnest since my 88 5spd w-body cutlass int.

#7 ·
SPI focus- my first car, love it til death! Everyone laughs at my color, and my subcompact pride, BUT it never lets me down! Rather drive a pimped, well running focus any day over a beater with big rims lol! FOCUS PRIDE, especially SPI Foci

#9 ·
no, no pride for the SPI, I have no pride for any car that I own that a 5 year old in a trike can beat

#12 ·
sorry I thought my spi was fast for a while but then I exited my ricer shell and realized it was slow as shit and thats when I started buying other cars for having fun in and the foci as a good gas mileage having daily driver. It gets good gas mileage and is reliable, it is not a racecar, heck it will barely beat a stock zetech with all available bolt ons being on the SPI

#13 ·
also I dumped a shit ton of nitrous on the spi and it held it well enough to dip into the 14's

the turbo kits that I puit on were half ass and never lasted long enough
but all that go fast shit was a learning tool and the spi a robust and unbreakable platform to try it out on

#16 ·
and the spi a robust and unbreakable platform to try it out on
hey, I'll settle with that [thumb] well by any means it is not the fastest car, but who cares, you shouldn't be drag racing toddlers anyway [hihi]

Yes, I'm gonna swap my engine eventually.........but I'll probably put close to another 100K on it before I do, so woot. I love mine, it runs really well and quiet (minus the exhaust, lol) and could use a little polishing, lol.

mmm, polished SPI valve cover.... I may do it [thumb]

#15 ·
arrestmespi , I believe this thread was entitled "Some SPI pride!!! " not " Its my own dang fault and engineering my turbos never lasted and it my must be personal driving skills that lead a tot with hot wheels to smoke my car" .

But I do have pride in my car. No major major problems and have outlasted many of my friends civics and prelude engines.Bought the car new in 02 and had here ever since.

#22 ·
still in the "house" right now, or is it done?

but hell yes, that's like the most amazing SPI ever........ just get that turbo in there and woot even more [hihi]

erm..... completely lightly modded SPI here..... no track racing (yet, at least)

btw I love the fact that it is technically a Hemi engine [:D] cause y'know, Hemispherical Chamber [thumb]

#23 ·
Heck yea you guys!!!!! I LOVE my SPI.

It's slow, but it's one of the best little engine's in the world. I haven't done much to it, but I have some stuff planned for the future.

SPI FTW!!!!!!

#24 ·
erm I'm sorry, but You have violated the Copyrights act.....

I'm afraid your account will have to be put on hold until this is resolved.

#28 ·
OH that was you, yeah that's right........I remember posting a link about that D60 package I found [thumb] haha didn't know you were an SPI though [:D]

#30 ·
I'm not SPI but I'm here to give you guys some mad props - from what I've seen around here since 2005, that motor is not a bad engine and can be made decently fast. jeffscort is turbo'd on a SPI motor and we've seen some really nice SPI powered rides around this site -like loudfocus01.

Arrestmespi has me rolling! honestly man...dump the Mazda and get your real car - the Ford Focus - back in spec with NOS and a turbo.

Just had to crash the party for a minute, trying to have some fun, no hard feelings toward arrestmespi. You just came off so negative it was funny for a minute. The tricycle beating you? lol nice. that kid must be the next Lance Armstrong of the cycle world or something. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.