Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some questions to see if I'm missing some things.

1 - Is there a way with intelli-key to have car horn honk to confirm locked status

2 - Is there a way to manually put in Phone book entries other than through download from phone

3 - In the nav system map view 3D mode. I had swore I read that the view angle could be adjusted. I can get the circle that lets me rotate horizontally around the cursor but could not figure out how to or if you adjust the height of view for 3d mode

4 - How long is it taking you for sync to let you put in voice commands? (I am finding for awhile after starting the car , if i hit the voice button, it will mute out my audio but then the music will come right back on with a notable lapse in time before the voice button will actually give me my queue to speak)

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Can't offer anything on the first three (other than a double-touch of the pad or double-remote button press to get the horn-beep) but I can tell you that #4 is not an abnormality (well, at least for two of us I guess). Exact same for me after startup. A quick audio mute and then audio back playing. After an interval, then the voice prompt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just some questions to see if I'm missing some things.

1 - Is there a way with intelli-key to have car horn honk to confirm locked status

2 - Is there a way to manually put in Phone book entries other than through download from phone

3 - In the nav system map view 3D mode. I had swore I read that the view angle could be adjusted. I can get the circle that lets me rotate horizontally around the cursor but could not figure out how to or if you adjust the height of view for 3d mode

4 - How long is it taking you for sync to let you put in voice commands? (I am finding for awhile after starting the car , if i hit the voice button, it will mute out my audio but then the music will come right back on with a notable lapse in time before the voice button will actually give me my queue to speak)

Thanks for any input
Hi Ninja;
1.If you press the lock button on your fob two times the horn will sound confirming the car is locked. Also if you press/swipe the black sensor on the door handle twice the horn will sound to confirm the car is locked.

4. I have found my MFT does this as well. Seemingly when the car is cold. When it is cold outside I usually give her a few minutes to warm up before I active the voice control.

I don't know the answers to the others. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses so far. Will give the double swipe a try and hopefully 2012's update will fix the response in mft as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I remember correctly, hit the "view" button while in the nav pane to have it switch to an isometric/pseudo-3d view.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, the view button goes between full map, turn by turn, and upcoming turn/ current road info. It's the Arrow icon above the zoom buttons that change from 2d North Up, 2d Car always up, and 3d mode.
Once in 3d mode though I was sure I read that you could adjust the "vantage" point or "height" of the 3d view from .

The double swipe horn honk works as posted guys, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts