Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was asked to post some pics of my race car. So here are a few....

This is from when it was still my daily driver, and I started doing track events. It had a bolt in 4pt cage, and Recaro reclining seats and a 320MM MoMo MOD78 Steering wheel.

In the winter of 2008/2009, with less than 70K original miles, it came off the road and was turned into a dedicated race car.

These were taken just after the roll cage was installed. The cage is not yet painted, I just have primer on all the weld points to keep it from rusting.

Here you can see the window net, but I'm not done with painting the rockers white.

This is from the rear 1/4, if you look close, you can see the roll bar has been painted blue.

Here's a shot from my first event racing the Focus @ Summit Point.

This is before I did the coil over conversion for the Koni's. I'm running the H&R "Race springs" which have too low of a spring rate for a track car, the car still has a bit too much body roll....

These were taken by two different photographers from two different angles at the same turn, the tight left hander on NJ motorsports park's lightning circuit.

This is just in the braking zone, my Focus is just on the inside of this CRX...

This was taken from beyond the exit of the turn after I completed the pass on the CRX.

When the weather breaks in the spring, I'll take some more pics of the car as I get ready for the 2010 racing season. Some upgrades are in the works, more brakes, more HP, and less weight.

"Yeah, Baby!"

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i like it! i really like the racing number on the door in the first picture, im assuming its magnetic. i like it

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like it! i really like the racing number on the door in the first picture, im assuming its magnetic. i like it
Yes, It's magnetic.

I don't use them anymore.

I had it custom made with the Ford oval background.

The sign shop had to redo it to get the colors right because they were stupid......

If you are interested PM me with an offer. (I'll throw in the ugly "purple" rejects for free LOL)

BTW, the numbers overlap in the reverse order on the other side, so there's a left, and a right.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice car. What do u have in the motor?
Internals are bone stock D23 swapped in from a 2004 ZX4. It's running a header with no cats, CAI, larger TB, and I did my own cal using the SCT pro racer package.

I've got a post with the current numbers in the Duratec perf forum "dyno stickie".

Before the end March I'll finish building the motor for the 2010 season, that will include many internal mods.

We are shooting for 235HP/180TQ from the new engine. with over 170TQ available from 4500RPM to 6500RPM with redline near 7500. The engine simulator software I'm using says it's possible with the STOCK TB AND STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD provided I supply a custom cam which I'll be having made for me by Web Camshafts.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Yes, It's magnetic.

I don't use them anymore.

I had it custom made with the Ford oval background.

The sign shop had to redo it to get the colors right because they were stupid......

If you are interested PM me with an offer. (I'll throw in the ugly "purple" rejects for free LOL)

BTW, the numbers overlap in the reverse order on the other side, so there's a left, and a right.

lol no need i do vinyl for a living, how did they screw colors up? silly local sign shop [wiggle]
I just liked the design is all

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol no need i do vinyl for a living, how did they screw colors up? silly local sign shop [wiggle]
I just liked the design is all
That was the problem, they PRINTED the first ones without colormatching the screen and printer.....

The ones in the pics ar vinyl.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its beautiful.

where did you pick the seats up at?
I have purchased alot of my parts locally from a shop that specializes in Porsche race prep, and maint. But he also sells safety equip, suits, helmets etc.

His shop is literally around the corner from my house. So I can go in a showroom, try on suits, seats, helmets etc which really can't be done over the internet.

The prices are reasonble, but I save big on shipping for things like tires, seats etc. Plus I know that it's going to fit my head, hand or butt properly and no hassles doing an exchange etc.

Although I got a good price on the Recaro's 2 years ago, I took a bath when I sold them. (too heavy and not approved for racing) But Bob gave me a good deal on the MoMo bucket I have now. It was the last one he had in stock, it was on his showroom for display. (but it was still almost 5 big one's)

If anyone needs a good place to shop for racing gear, tires or safety equip in Nothern NJ, I highly recommend Stable Energies in Garfield NJ. (www.StableEnergies.Com) Bob, Laurette, and Joe are great people. Bob also has over 30 years of Porsche experience, and races with the Porsche club regularly.

I have seen $250,000 track cars in his shop.... (imagine wrecking one of those on a track day?)[xx(]

1 - 20 of 53 Posts