Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

His (gray ZX3) is an 03 ZX3 zetec with an AEM intake and fart can exhaust (ATX)
Mine, '07 ZX3 5 speed with Cosworth CAI and lunch box delete

Traction was no where to be found that night, and I had my care weighed down with 2 sub boxes and a bucnh of crap including a full seabag.

His Best - 12.1
My Best - 11.6

oh... It was eighth mile drag...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
looks like a lot of fun! although 11.6 is about 18.05 in the 1/4 o_O

take that weight out next time!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Nice pics. HA. My ATX SPI pwns you both in the 1/8 mile.
Mine runs an 11.2 [neener]

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had cleared out his car of just about everything and loaded it up in my car. Trust me, it was like having every seat occupied by fat chicks! lol. It was fun, and I wasn't going that hard, just there for fun :)

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
You should have told me you were going. I went there not this time but last. I would have kicked your butts with my atx [hihi]

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
his is auto tragic and mine is a stick. I've had down to a 10.2 in past races, but again, I had it REALLY REALLY REALLY weighted down. Plus, I'm not trying to break anything right before a x-country trip ;)

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i ran a 9.6 bone stock in my first and only run, however i do have the 2.3L [hihi]

looks like fun tho

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
haha never been a fan of drag racing in the fofo so i haven't done it enough to get any good at it, it is quite fun in an FR car however but autoX is much higher on my priority list [grinking]

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Thats my next stop is auto x I've done the whole dragracing thing and without alot of power its meh on the fun unless youhave money or maybe I've just done it way way too much lol. I want to auto x but don't know where to start here in houston also my SVT suspension feels like its worn out I have alot of bodyroll now. I guess I should check my swaybar links in the front I know those are known to go out.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
try google to find your nearest SCCA club, i managed to find one in my home (where i'll be when i graduate) area after some digging

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
yeah I could do that but.....my suspension has way too much body roll IMO more than I remember. Excspecaily turning left. The rear of the car just seems to drop down and brings the whole car with for a massive weight transfer that has made me spin out before.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
his is auto tragic and mine is a stick. I've had down to a 10.2 in past races, but again, I had it REALLY REALLY REALLY weighted down. Plus, I'm not trying to break anything right before a x-country trip ;)
10.2 with just a cai and lunch box delete? Damn you[chair]! you gotta be a really good driver[driving]!!! I take the butt kicking back[dunno] Dan (SYZ) has a 2.0l, 5 spd, crane cams, cosworth cai, f2 header, and full exhaust and his best time was in the low 10s... Are you hidding something??? a bottle with some weird gas perhaps??[poke]

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
10.2 with just a cai and lunch box delete? Damn you[chair]! you gotta be a really good driver[driving]!!! I take the butt kicking back[dunno] Dan (SYZ) has a 2.0l, 5 spd, crane cams, cosworth cai, f2 header, and full exhaust and his best time was in the low 10s... Are you hidding something??? a bottle with some weird gas perhaps??[poke]
whoa low tens with all those mods? Wow I must really be able to drive lol[driving] [race] all I have is a cone filter, SD coil, OBX race header, custom(crappy) magnaflow exhaust, ported tb (no gains just response) and CF DF clutch also one bad @$$ driver!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Well, there are a lot of different factors aswell. Racelegal is run on a parking lot, so you don't get a grip as you would on a track, other factor is weather (cold, hot, humidity etc) it can take away a few 10ths, weight, rim size (running 18's I believe) and tires, etc. I don't know how good he is @ driving, but he obviously beat me every time. My best time is on that ticket. All I have is cai, f2 header, tb and a 2.0 on atx. An you should be sleeping or at least be kind and tell me how can I sleep right now [grinking]

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
I forgot to mention my exhaust also....

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Wait wait wait. You know I'm your buddy but a 10.2? With a 2.0? With only an intake? I don't think so. [nono]

[hihi]

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
hahaha ^^^

1 - 20 of 23 Posts